Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kona_pavan_kumar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2019
macbook pro 13 2019, 128gb ssd speed dropped down showing 500mbps only during blackmagicspeed test
forum.png

Allistah

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2019
Bay Area, CA
I noticed that the longer you let this app run, the slower the readings are. Each time it does a reading, it's a little slower. Really curious why it does this. I let mine run for a long time and it got so slow that all the green check marks started to disappear as it wasn't fast enough anymore. Quit the app and re-run it, it would be "fast" again.

Allistah

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2019
Bay Area, CA
Other people can run this benchmark and let it test over and over without any change in speeds? Let it run for about 10 minutes and see if the numbers creep lower?

Super Spartan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2018
Dubai
Other people can run this benchmark and let it test over and over without any change in speeds? Let it run for about 10 minutes and see if the numbers creep lower?
Same here, on my new MBP 16 with a 4TB SSD, the speeds are lower after every run.

The more you use an SSD, the slower it gets, until it's left idle for it to run a TRIM command then it'll go back up to speed.

Also, the amount of total writes since you got it will affect the speeds, so the longer you use it and "write" data to it, the lower the performance will get with time.

Allistah

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2019
Bay Area, CA
I also don't understand why the benchmark keeps going forever. Shouldn't it just measure the data and stop? It seems to have two modes 1) Stopped and 2) Repeat forever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.