Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cabezadelechuza

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2014
Bridgeport, CT
Hello group!

This is my first post here. I read the forum regularly and love it.

My problem is that I've received a boken Macbook pro retina late 2013. I do not repair computers but since I have two macs and work in the IT business my friend brought me his computer.

What I need to do is a back up of his files. I unscrewed the back plate and found that the ssd connector is very little and does not fit any of my usb hard drive adapters.
I checked on ebay but most adapters are for 2012 models and they seem to have a different connection type.

The computer I'm talking about is a A1398 EMC2674 from late 2013

Could you please give me some tips about this?

Thank you very much in advance for your comments!

Kind Regards,

Claudio

P.S. I: I need an adapter to connect the ssd to my macs or pc's. (by the way I have a 2010 MBP 13 and a 21.5 iMAC also from 2010. among other linux and windows os computers)

P.S. II: I believe I'm not the first asking for something like this but I was unable to find a thread with this information here, so please move the thread and excuse me for duplicate a topic.

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
Hello group!

This is my first post here. I read the forum regularly and love it.

My problem is that I've received a boken Macbook pro retina late 2013. I do not repair computers but since I have two macs and work in the IT business my friend brought me his computer.

What I need to do is a back up of his files. I unscrewed the back plate and found that the ssd connector is very little and does not fit any of my usb hard drive adapters.
I checked on ebay but most adapters are for 2012 models and they seem to have a different connection type.

The computer I'm talking about is a A1398 EMC2674 from late 2013

Could you please give me some tips about this?

Thank you very much in advance for your comments!

Kind Regards,

Claudio

P.S. I: I need an adapter to connect the ssd to my macs or pc's. (by the way I have a 2010 MBP 13 and a 21.5 iMAC also from 2010. among other linux and windows os computers)

P.S. II: I believe I'm not the first asking for something like this but I was unable to find a thread with this information here, so please move the thread and excuse me for duplicate a topic.

I'm sorry to say that you won't be able to help your friend, apart from scolding him/her for not having a backup in the first place. (A sharp whap to the back of the head should do it).

You will not find the adapter for the blade type SSD in the 2013 rMBP. It uses a proprietary PCI-e interface and nobody makes such an adapter at the moment.

If the computer boots, you could always try target disk mode.

cabezadelechuza

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2014
Bridgeport, CT
Thank you very much for your responses!

The computer does not power up now. because is not able to charge the battery. The power plug is destroyed. So we would need to find someone to create an adapter or to borrow another mbp to connect the drive and make a backup :(

Thank you again for your help!

Claudio

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.