SSD verse HDD

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DEE9299, Dec 21, 2009.

1. DEE9299 macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

hose has what and what are your thoughts on it??

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

verse |vərs|
    noun
    writing arranged with a metrical rhythm, typically having a rhyme : a lament in verse | [as adj. ] verse drama.

hose |hōz|
    noun
    1 a flexible tube conveying water, used esp. for watering plants and in firefighting.
    2 [treated as pl. ] stockings, socks, and tights (esp. in commercial use) : a chorus girl's fishnet hose.

Also http://www.google.com/cse?cx=011016...e:forums.macrumors.com&hl=en&as_qdr=all&meta=

Sorry for those copied words, but that topic has been discussed plenty of times.

3. DEE9299 thread starter macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

wow sorry for the typing errors i did not know this was a grammar forum

4. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

5. dankybear macrumors regular

lol, i think this has been discussed many times before

6. montycat macrumors 6502

montycat

I do not know where the OP is from. English is not the entire world. :D

7. DEE9299 thread starter macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

Florida at the moment I was typing and watching tv at the same time....

8. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

I guess that explains why you couldn't spare the time to use Google. I'm not sure how you expected to read the responses without turning off the TV, though.

9. DEE9299 thread starter macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

I read the responses .....and

10. CrazyIllini macrumors member

They use spellcheck when they write books so they are easier to read and understand. You should use spellcheck to write your threads so they are easier to read and understand.

As for your question, SSD are a ton faster and the best way to speed up your computer but they are also very expensive $300 for a 80GB Intel. In fact thats what I'm doing right now, replacing my failing hard drive on my 3 year old MB with the Intel one.

The Intel X25-M 80GB SSD - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167023

11. DEE9299 thread starter macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

spell check on a forum is not that important to me..............
    but I have been looking into that SSD from intel and I would want the 160GB but the cost for that is over $500 and thats not something I want to do with the macbook I own now. If the price point on it was not so high then I would consider it.

12. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

13. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

For the budget conscious, NewEgg has the Kingston V 64gb for around $140 plus a $30 mail-in rebate (so end price $110). Great bang for your buck, I have one in my Dell Mini (had 3 ibook drives fail in 2 years, decided I'm never using a traditional laptop drive again) and it's reliable, much cooler than the stock 160gb 5400, and a lot faster, but it's definitely not a performance drive. Then again, I doubt I would see much of a difference in a Dell Mini with a high end one, so...

NewEgg also has the OCZ Vertex 30gb on sale for $99 after rebate right now, a great buy if you just need a system drive and have a server/storage solution. I've heard nothing but good things about those, though yes, the new gen of Intels are apparently the top performers.