SSD vs SATA... Your opinions?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by TJunkers, Oct 14, 2008.

1. TJunkers macrumors 6502a

TJunkers

128 GB of space should be more than enough for me but is it worth it?

Ignoring price that is. Not that it doesn't matter I just want to hear peoples opinions.

Thanks!

if you could link me to forums that already had this discussion id appreciate it!

2. belvdr macrumors 601

It depends on if you are reading or writing, and how much data you're transferring. Each has its advantages over the other in various scenarios.

3. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

If the price isn't an issue, then SSD is worth it, in my opinion. I guess they're too new to be saying anything concrete about their flaws, but people are saying they're a lot less likely to break on you. I'm waiting until higher capacities are introduced and they cheapen down a little...

4. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Well, ignoring price, you should see a performance increase as I did when installing a 7200 RPM HDD over my 5400 RPM HDD. You should ask around the MacBook Air forums, ask the guys with those MBA's if they have any preference.

5. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

6. TJunkers thread starter macrumors 6502a

TJunkers

Thanks guys! I'll stick with my order. I ordered the Macbook with the 128 GB SSD and my friend was giving me crap about it, but looking at http://www.barefeats.com/macair1.html reassured me of my choice!

Thanks!

Can't wait!!!

7. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

SSD is awesome, hands down. Better than hdd in EVERY WAY