SSDs in store (UK)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jaredm1, Apr 17, 2010.

1. jaredm1 macrumors member

Hey guys, forgive me if this question has been answered elsewhere - I did use the search feature but couldn't find anything relevant.

I know that MBP hard drives cannot be customised in-store but seeing as quite a few of the stores are stocking Hi-Res displays on the 15" model would it be likely that they might carry stock of MBPs with SSDs?

2. Aboo macrumors 6502a

Pretty low because the additional cost of an ssd is far more than an antiglare display and probably wouldn't be a fast moving. Generally stores will stock only the most popular custom configs. It would probably only take a couple of days for you to get it if you order it from the web store.

3. jaredm1 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your reply, makes sense. Reason I asked was that the Icelandic volcano is an issue at the moment. Those damn herring-botherers :p.

4. Aboo macrumors 6502a

Ash - I forget about our European brotherins. The other option is to get an after market ssd - these are generally better rated than the apple ones anyway.

5. jaredm1 thread starter macrumors member

Good plan, I looked into that already but seeing as I really want the 512Gb SSD my best bet seems to be the Kingston V+ which is over £200 more than the Apple upgrade (and that's before I take the HE discount into account).

6. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

That's what I have. It is just straight silly how much those things cost now, but they do come with a 3-year warranty and offer enough space so as not to worry about running out of room for some time.

7. raykhrud macrumors regular

Fife, Scotland or Saint-Petersburg, Russia
    More like a couple of weeks.

8. Aboo macrumors 6502a

Not for stuff that isn't backordered. If you order through the apple website usually like 3 to 4 days. It can take a few weeks if you order through a reseller. The only think that could be causing delays for now is the ash cloud but even the FL 250 to 350 has been cleared already.