SSH Client

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by vatter69, Mar 7, 2013.

1. vatter69, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013

vatter69 macrumors 6502a

vatter69

I know MacOs has it's own terminal, but I'm looking for something like SecureCRT. (without spending the 100 bucks :D).

So what is everyone using here? I saw there is Putty which i use at work on Windows 7 but it looks horrible on the Retina Macbook.

Same deal with iTerm - functionality seems ok but GUI is horrible. So i guess I'm looking for a nice GUI with functionality without 100 bucks (I'm willing to spend money, but not necessarily 100$).

2. superscape macrumors 6502a

superscape

Yeah, I agree with DennisBlah. Never found a need for anything beyond Terminal. Quite capable of connecting to whatever I need to via ssh. What's it missing that you need?

3. chrfr macrumors 603

I use Terminal. What do the other apps do that Terminal doesn't do for you?

4. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

5. LOLobo macrumors member

I checked out the software, and although I do use Terminal myself, I get that if you have multiple server to which you connect, it would be more convenient to have software that manages this.

I typically use a different alias (set-up in .bach_profile or somewhere) for each server and open a different tab for each, type in the alias, new tab, and new alias, etc.

6. CreatorCode macrumors regular

CreatorCode

Terminal can do that. You can bookmark servers in the Remote Connection window, and save sets of windows, and have it automatically restore window(s) on startup.

7. mw360 macrumors 65816

mw360

8. DennisBlah macrumors 6502

DennisBlah

If you mean by gui a gui where you have preconfigured scripts it would be best to make it yourself
    Im working on a client, to manage our servers firewalls and switched
    Reason for building it myself is because commands change often i.e cisco likes to change commands in their ios specially on firewalls with new features etc.

However I need a little bit of help with escape sequences that are not supported in uitextview or nstextview...
    I set all servers to psuedo response, but would be great if I could parse the sequences and so having a wider support on servers. I.e powershell is also a pain ;) i kicked it off and run a ssh shell on windows...

Anyways for preconfigured scripts you could always make a gui in xcode and use applescript to execute them in your desired terminal tab.