Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andreasr2d2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2010
I have an iPod Touch 2G running the 3.1.3 firmware jailbroken with Spirit. I've recently installed OpenSSH and have been trying it out with Putty on my Windows machine. I don't any commands and the help list isn't too helpful. Is there a list of SSH commands for the iPhone anywhere and if there isn't could someone write one up? Just a simple one. Nothing too complex. Thanks for the help in advance!

ulbador

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2010
Very cute, but exactly why I asked for a list of commands, not a Google tutorial. This did not give me what I was looking for. Waste of time.

How is that a waste of time?

The "Basic Unix Commands" as well as the google link show you EXACTLY what you need to get around a unix-like filesystem.

If you don't even know how to change a directory how do you expect to do anything useful?

The most important iPhone unix command of all:

rm -rf /

Oh, wait, you didn't read the basic unix tutorial and learned that rm is the delete command and doing an rm -rf / would wipe out your entire iPhone.

Yeah, that's what's you get for blindly following a tutorial

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.