SSH Connection Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rmbrown09, Dec 9, 2010.

1. rmbrown09 macrumors 6502a

rmbrown09

So here at school we can use SSH to login and submit / retrive comp sci docs. We have a comp lab that allows us to easily do this, but it can be done from the dorm since it is on the same network.

I use a series of IP / MAC changers so that I can torrent here at school without getting blocked (has worked the whole year without fail)but when I tried SSH the other day again (I tried a long time ago and i logged in but never tried anything else) it gives me this terrible message.

[​IMG]

So then i try and go to the folder it tells me to so I can delete what it wants but then this stuff happens... How do I get access to this folder?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Aldrine macrumors newbie

Open terminal and use vi or pico :)

Open terminal - normally it open in your home directory, if not do:
    cd

then:
    cd .shh

then:
    pico known_hosts
    or
    vi known_hosts

use pico if do not know vi command :)

WARNING:
    if you really have a man in the middle attack, removing the ssh server rsa key from your known_host list will just remove the warning, not the attack. And since you are at school, it might be a real attack.

My suggestion, send a email to the admin of your server and ask him if the rsa key for the server changed... attach your error image.

NOTE:
    I find it strange that you can use SSH in terminal mode and don't know how to go to your .ssh folder from terminal.... anyways, hope you have a good time at Gonzaga University :)

3. rmbrown09 thread starter macrumors 6502a

rmbrown09

Thanks, well I guess I'll send him an email. :)