SSH Connection Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rmbrown09, Dec 9, 2010.

1. rmbrown09 macrumors 6502a

Jan 25, 2010
    So here at school we can use SSH to login and submit / retrive comp sci docs. We have a comp lab that allows us to easily do this, but it can be done from the dorm since it is on the same network.

I use a series of IP / MAC changers so that I can torrent here at school without getting blocked (has worked the whole year without fail)but when I tried SSH the other day again (I tried a long time ago and i logged in but never tried anything else) it gives me this terrible message.

So then i try and go to the folder it tells me to so I can delete what it wants but then this stuff happens... How do I get access to this folder?

2. Aldrine macrumors newbie

Feb 9, 2010
    Open terminal and use vi or pico :)

Open terminal - normally it open in your home directory, if not do:

cd .shh

pico known_hosts
    vi known_hosts

use pico if do not know vi command :)

if you really have a man in the middle attack, removing the ssh server rsa key from your known_host list will just remove the warning, not the attack. And since you are at school, it might be a real attack.

My suggestion, send a email to the admin of your server and ask him if the rsa key for the server changed... attach your error image.

I find it strange that you can use SSH in terminal mode and don't know how to go to your .ssh folder from terminal.... anyways, hope you have a good time at Gonzaga University :)
  3. rmbrown09 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jan 25, 2010
    Thanks, well I guess I'll send him an email. :)