SSH help!!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Blindmisfits, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Blindmisfits macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I am trying to be able to ssh into my sisters mac book pro from within my home network i have enabled it and when i try and log in i get promoted for a password there is no password, I've even asked her if there was a password and I've even set enable empty password in /etc/sshd_config and i still get nothing. if any one has any ideas i would greatly appreciate it.

2. madog macrumors 65816

madog

3. Blindmisfits thread starter macrumors newbie

Id like to avoid using keys and that pain and also i had her make a password and i got nothing out of it it still wouldn't let me log in thought i could login as a localhost on her machine.

Think this is a OS conflict between elitism and the rest of the computing world?

4. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Are you sure you are typing it correctly? Terminal does not echo stars or whatever when you type passwords for security reasons, so you just have to do it blind as it were.

Make sure the firewall is not blocking the connection.

5. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Hi,
    what is the ssh command you use to connect. Don't forget that you must specify the user (your sister's account) to login. If your sister login is "sister", you have to type

Code:
    ssh sister@mac-ip

if you dont specify the "sister", you will implicitly login with your login.

6. Blindmisfits thread starter macrumors newbie

... thank you for your help, i had everything except i did not think to check to make sure i had her computers names case correct