SSH Help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by itzvalerie, Feb 3, 2010.

1. itzvalerie macrumors newbie

I was SSH'ing my iPhone (3GS) and I guess I got rid of something I needed because now it doesn't vibrate regardless of whether the sound is on. :confused: Is there anything I can do to fix/undo this? (There is also no sound when I send/receive text) Will upgrading to the new update, even though there's not a jailbreak get my vibrate back? Or am I screwed and I don't have it any more? HELP!

2. KidPub macrumors member

Shell back in and use the history command to get a list of the commands you entered recently. Perhaps it'll give you a clue as to what you changed.

Perry

3. itzvalerie thread starter macrumors newbie

Do what? =/

4. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

I would suggest a restore and re-jailbreak.

Make sure you've stored your SHSH on Saurik's servers (via Cydia's homepage) then follow the guide here.

5. KidPub macrumors member

Log back in and type 'history' on the console. It displays the last few hundred commands you've typed.

Perry

6. itzvalerie thread starter macrumors newbie

@KidPub - Do I type 'history' anywhere specifically?

@Ke1ington - I got it into recovery mode but I can't restore to 3.1.2, it says the device is not eligible for requested build. Now what? I don't want to restore to 3.1.3.