St. Louis Galleria - St. Louis, MO - iPad Air launch

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by EMH, Oct 23, 2013.

1. EMH macrumors newbie

Anyone else going to make it to the St. Louis Galleria on the 1st? Since they're not doing preorders this year, I figure I'll go to the launch. I'm going to try to be close to the front of the line, preferrably first, so I can get out of there as quickly as possible since I have stuff going on later in the day.

2. Apple163 macrumors member

Good luck at Galleria. I am going to try West County Mall and see how it goes in the morning.

3. EMH thread starter macrumors newbie

I considered West County, but that's an even further drive (I live across the river in Alton). If I'm going to wake up at 4:30 in the morning, I want as quick a drive as possible. :p

4. Apple163 macrumors member

Well you make me feel better about my drive. I am about 35 minutes away and live in St. Charles. Lets hope for a quick line. If I lived in Alton I would still drive in for the first day pick up.

5. EMH thread starter macrumors newbie

To be fair, the drive isn't so long (about 45 minutes), I simply have to wake up that early so I can be out of the door by 5.

But yeah, I'll probably try and wake up at 2:00 to reserve one just to be safe, but I'd still like be early in line so I can get home as soon as possible, seeing as I'm out of town as of tomorrow.

6. Apple163 macrumors member

Just made a reservation for in store pickup. No problems. I will have wait to see what the "no waiting" line looks like. Enjoy your Air on your trip.

7. Chele macrumors member

Any reports on how the launches were at the St. Louis area stores? Wanted to go to one of them but it didn't work out. Ended up just buying my iPad air at the Target in Alton.

8. brentsg macrumors 68030

I preordered at West County Mall and picked up on launch day. I waited about 10 minutes for a sales person to free up, and they had a queue for that. They clicked a pad a few times and someone else brought out all my stuff and I signed for it. It couldn't have been much easier.