Stable Browser for Mavericks???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Whalensdad, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Whalensdad macrumors member

I'm tired of FireFox crashing on my system. I'm looking for opinions on which browser(s) are the most stable in Mavericks. I like how FF display's the favicons in a bookmark bar. I also like having a private mode. Is one of the other browsers more stable or am I stuck with constant crashes?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. AGKyle macrumors 6502

As someone who deals with a lot of browser based support I may be able to help here.

Out of curiosity though, have you tried creating a new Firefox profile? It could be that your current profile is corrupt and that could cause a great deal of issues.

I would export your bookmarks since you've mentioned you seem to use those :)

Then create a new profile by doing this: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/k...ctlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Managing+profiles

You can then import your bookmarks again and give that a shot. You will have to install any extensions again though and all preferences will be reset. You can switch back to the old profile so long as you do not delete it by using the instructions above in the link.

Hope that helps!

4. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

I've been running Firefox for ages on multiple Macs w multiple OS versions without crash problems.
    You might want to give Mozilla's Reset Firefox option a try.

5. Whalensdad thread starter macrumors member

I've done a FF reset. I'll see how that works. Thanks :)