Stacks App Help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Tango7010, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Tango7010 macrumors newbie

Tango7010

From what I've read, the stack app was supposed to be discontinued but I'm seeing two different apps in Cydia, "stack" from the ste packaging source and "stack alpha fr" from the SOS Cydia source. I installed the first one and stacks sort of worked, it was place in the center of my fiveicondock and I could move it. It already had 2 apps in the stack which I was able to remove but not add and there was no stack settings. I uninstalled it and tried the french source one and there isn't anything, no settings no app. Can anyone shed some light on this?

2. Cupra macrumors regular

think its dead man i just tried to install it but no joy atall on 3gs 3.1.2

the only place where you might get it workin is from the comments here

http://code.google.com/p/mobilestack/

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

The 2.21 version is separate from the 3.0 version.

Go here. Its donation-ware so you'll have to pay a couple of bucks, but I think its worth it.

Even though its still in alpha, its very very stable and he just added a bunch of new features. Don't know if its compatible with FiveColDock, so read up first.

4. Cupra macrumors regular

even works with latest 3.1.2?

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I don't know, I'm still running the previous alpha on 3.01.

Check the link for answers.

6. Tango7010 thread starter macrumors newbie

Tango7010

Hmm.. thanks man!

7. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Latest alpha of Stacks v3 works fine on 3.1.2. The latest version even has multiple stacks. It is an awesome, awesome product.

8. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Any way you can post some screenshots? I'd love to see what this looks like.

9. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Link

There are some new features, but it works like this.

10. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

hmm...i wonder if ill be using this more than categories..

11. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

Does anyone have multiple Stacks on their iPhone? I have searched the forums and the web and I haven't found any information on how to do this.

Thanks...

12. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

I have 9 stacks. V3 comes with 4 by default. Here's what I did to add more:

SSH to your Applications folder. You'll see 4 Stack folders.

Grab Stack4.app and copy it to your desktop.

Rename the one on your desktop to Stack5.app and open the Info.plist file inside it and look for this line "com.steventroughtonsmith.stackdummy4" . Change the 4 to a 5. Save and copy folder back to your Applications folder.

Respring.

13. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

Thanks for the reply...

I'm not familar with SSH at all. I downloaded Stacks 3 using Cydia directly to my iPhone. I have also been using DiskAid for uploading any other files to my iPhone. So that the extent of my iPhone manipulation skills. So I've never used SSH.

I also have not been able to locate the Stacks folder on my iPhone. I have searched thru the entire file structure and I couldn't find it?

You said that Stack v3 comes with four stacks....where are they and how do I "install" them?

14. NateDMB macrumors regular

NateDMB

I donated a couple bucks yesterday. Does anyone know about how long it takes for the dev to get back to you? Or do you have to download it from his site? Sorry if this is a noob question.

15. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

Maybe I'm forgetting a step, but I'm pretty sure after installing and respringing, the stacks just showed up on my springboard.

I use WinScp to SSH, but DiskAid is an alternative to SSH, so you can use that as well. The path is root> private> var> stash> Applications. In that folder you should see your stacks folders.

When you go into settings do you see Stacks in there? Maybe it didn't install correctly.

16. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

That's the 1st folder I looked in. No Stacks folders. I do have one Stack working on my dock...so the folder must be somewhere? Maybe I'll remove Stacks in Cydia and install it again.

Thanks...