Stacks as a websites launcher

Discussion in 'macOS' started by srobert, Oct 27, 2007.

1. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Hello.

I've started using stacks as a quick websites launcher.

I could make it much more handy if had a bunch of icons for the websites. I could make some myself but it would be a great time saver if somebody could point me to some already made. (I've searched and found nothing).

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

This is actually a really cool idea, might have to try it. I'm loving Safari's Help search feature to launch bookmarks atm.

3. KettyKrueger macrumors 6502

KettyKrueger

Maybe use screen prints? Would be quick to do.

How do you find your bookmarks? As far as I know, they are contained in a single file.

Very cool idea :cool:

4. mashinhead macrumors 68020

isn't this the equivalent of putting a folder in the bookmarks bar, which you could always do? and you can open all the sites at once with one click

5. srobert thread starter macrumors 68020

srobert

Yup. But with stacks it's accessible even when your browser is not running or located in another space.

I did not copy all my bookmarks to avoid clutter. I simply use it for my most visited websites. I'll probably have to make all the icons myself. I was just lazy and hoped somebody had already done all the hard work for me. ^_^

6. meagain macrumors 68030

I was just thinking this is what I wanted to do. But how do you get a folder there and get it to fan out? I know how to make a folder and put it there, but can't get anything to stick in it much less fan out.

7. sblasl macrumors 6502a

sblasl

Safari captures the websites bookmark icon, I'm not on my Mac right now so I don't know where tell you to look right now. Maybe that would help you.