Stacks as a websites launcher

srobert

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 7, 2002
Hello.

I've started using stacks as a quick websites launcher.

I could make it much more handy if had a bunch of icons for the websites. I could make some myself but it would be a great time saver if somebody could point me to some already made. (I've searched and found nothing).

Thanks.

Attachments

Taylor C

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2007
This is actually a really cool idea, might have to try it. I'm loving Safari's Help search feature to launch bookmarks atm.

Comment

KettyKrueger

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2007
UK
Hello.

I've started using stacks as a quick websites launcher.

I could make it much more handy if had a bunch of icons for the websites. I could make some myself but it would be a great time saver if somebody could point me to some already made. (I've searched and found nothing).

Thanks.
Maybe use screen prints? Would be quick to do.

How do you find your bookmarks? As far as I know, they are contained in a single file.

Very cool idea :cool:

Comment

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2003
isn't this the equivalent of putting a folder in the bookmarks bar, which you could always do? and you can open all the sites at once with one click

Comment

srobert

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 7, 2002
isn't this the equivalent of putting a folder in the bookmarks bar, which you could always do? and you can open all the sites at once with one click
Yup. But with stacks it's accessible even when your browser is not running or located in another space.

Maybe use screen prints? Would be quick to do.
How do you find your bookmarks? As far as I know, they are contained in a single file.
Very cool idea :cool:
I did not copy all my bookmarks to avoid clutter. I simply use it for my most visited websites. I'll probably have to make all the icons myself. I was just lazy and hoped somebody had already done all the hard work for me. ^_^

Comment

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
I was just thinking this is what I wanted to do. But how do you get a folder there and get it to fan out? I know how to make a folder and put it there, but can't get anything to stick in it much less fan out.

Comment

sblasl

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2004
Heber Springs, AR
Safari captures the websites bookmark icon, I'm not on my Mac right now so I don't know where tell you to look right now. Maybe that would help you.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.