"Stacks" feature for iPhone dock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Daveway, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

I'm not sure how many people have seen this video on youtube. Its a third party add-on that adds Leopard's stacking feature to the iPhone dock.

I've been Googling for a while now and still can't find a link to more info on it. Anyone know where or if you can download this?

2. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

That looks really cool. I wonder how apple is going to do this when theres all the native apps on it? Will they have the whole front screen move except the 4 on the "dock" like ifuntastic will let you do?

3. Avatar74 macrumors 65816

Aside from that guy's implementation of stacks being completely obtuse (stacks was designed chiefly for documents, not apps... it makes no sense for the latter) and bereft of HIG... It's a neat trick.

Ok, I take that back... there's nothing neat about it. It's actually quite cluttered. You shouldn't use stacks in front of what is already basically an expanded stack of icons. But hey, some people love putting a three foot high spoiler and 20 inch wheels on a two-door Honda Civic. So what do I know.

4. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

You've seen my car?! where? It's also painted with color cameo changing glitter paint :)

5. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

6. earthsick macrumors regular

This reminds me of when I first used Dock. Neat to look at, cool in concept, but frustrating to use over time. I would imagine Apple will adopt some sort of scrolling on the springboard (ala summerboard) to accomodate the third party apps and not a system like this as it disrupts the flow of the UI.

7. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

Looks pretty cool. But I don't see how useful it could be.

8. psychochromatic macrumors newbie

Hi there, I'm the developer of [Mobile]Stack for iPhone and iPod touch.

Stack has progressed significantly since the first sightings on YouTube, now there is a Grid View layout for when you have more than five items, for example.

Check out the project site for more info and some videos! http://code.google.com/p/mobilestack/

9. cjmal macrumors 6502

interesting, but not crazy about it, looks kinda tacky.

10. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

11. SRSound macrumors 6502

Very cool app - great work! And thanks for your time and effort in improving the device - much appreciated! Even if it's not what those (^) people wanted specifically, I am sure they're thankful for you and those like you who have invested so much in improving our user experiences!