Stacks icon mystery 2

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Jacquescousteau, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Jacquescousteau macrumors newbie

I had no replies to my earlier post so I'm beginning to think maybe I'm being dim....anyway I deleted my "Art Toys" icons as mentioned in last post and just dragged.. Home - Utilities - Applications - Games to the right side of my dock

I don't like the way it looks with the stacked icons but I thought if I go with the default behaviour all will be well

Now I have the same as before mini icons appearing in front of the stack of icons - if this is default behaviour and I am being dim please tell me..if it is default behaviour what's the point in that? BTW behaviour is spelled correctly despite the spell checker - UK :)

Attached Files:

2. Brendon Bauer macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure you're special, because my clean install of Leopard doesn't do that on either the MBP or the Alu iMac. Did you do anything to get that? Clean install? That's interesting... I could see how it could be cool if you could choose what the little icon was.

3. TimJim macrumors 6502a

Thats cool looking, dont think it's normal though.

Do you use any programs like Application Enhancer or OnyX?

4. Jacquescousteau thread starter macrumors newbie

Brendan

Thanks for the private message - I was using Omniweb and the button doesn't appear just pasted into Safari and it's there!

anyway yes first I did an upgrade install but then I thought why be a coward? and did a clean install and restored with migration assistant - worked fine with a few hiccups (2 admin accounts got created probably because I wasn't paying attention) anyway when I deleted the "false" admin account all was well....except Leopard and Tiger preferences ....I initially tried to tweak L to look like T as you can see in my screenshots but now I'm just going to try and go with the Leopard flow....the mini icon thing has happened after playing a PPC game.....PPC games frequently crash...in an instant - one sec it's there next sec it's not (this also happened in Tiger) Sometimes when a game crashes my desktop icons are lined up in the middle of the screen!

Might be going back back to my Blueberry imac :)

5. Jacquescousteau thread starter macrumors newbie

TimJim

Please see message to Brendan the only unusual things I've been doing is playing ppc games