Stacks - Icons aren't displayed correctly

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Lucbert, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Lucbert macrumors regular

Lucbert

Hey.
    I am having a problem with the stack feature on Snow Leopard. For some reason most of the icons inside of my stacks are just displayed as a grey box with a dotted white line around it. As far as I can tell this only affects grid and fan mode.
    Sometimes when I wait for some time (30 secs and more) or open and close the stack a couple of times the icons will eventually display correctly. I have already tried resetting the Pram and rebooting, as well as deleting the stacks and readding them.

I have attached a picture of the problem I hope you guys can help me :)

[​IMG]

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

I wonder if it's a corrupt plist file. My best guess would be the Dock's plist. It's called com.apple.dock.plist

You'll find that in your Home Folder/Library/Preferences

When you locate it, move it to the Desktop.
    Restart the computer. This makes a new default plist file.
    If the problem is gone, you can delete the old file you moved.
    If the problem persists, you have the option of putting the old file back, since that wasn't the answer. You'd do that if you changed several Dock preferences and don't want to change them again, or can't remember them all.

There might be another plist related to the Dock. I'm not at a Mac at the moment, so I can't check.

3. Lucbert thread starter macrumors regular

Lucbert

Hey thanks for the tip!
    The problems seems to be fixed now... :)
    I cannot say for sure how I aktually fixed it, because I deleted the plist file and than also repaired disk permissions again and also booted from cd an repaired the partition...