Stacks not working properly?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Beowulf666, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Beowulf666 macrumors regular

Beowulf666

Whenever I download a certain file or whatnot, it doesn't appear to show up in stacks along with everything else, and I have to go to my finder to find it. Shouldn't it pop up as the last thing in the download stack? The icon jumps as soon as its downloaded, but once i click it, the files not there. Please help.

2. macsrules macrumors regular

This might not be the answer but you can check this out. When I wanted my files not to download into the stacks download folder and wanted them to download to the desktop instead, I changed this is Safari. If you go to Safari. Then Preferences, in the General Tab the fourth one down says, "Save download files to" Then you set it to where you want the files downloaded. You might go in there and see if that has been changed somehow.

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

right click your download stack and click "Sort By: Date Added"

4. Beowulf666 thread starter macrumors regular

Beowulf666

I have, and it's still not working correctly:(. Thanks anyway.

5. squirrelbait macrumors newbie

right click and check it's displaying as a stack, not a folder.

6. scb macrumors newbie

Me too

I'm also seeing this, I have to right click on the downloads stack and select 'Date modified' and then reselect 'Date added' to see it in the stack.

7. squirrelbait macrumors newbie

I had the same problem and found that the stack was set as a folder - since resetting it to display as a stack, it updates automatically.

edit - actually, im not so sure now - my stacks are seriously misbehaving at the moment.

8. startoz macrumors newbie

ok... but i want it to be shown as a folder... not as a stack..