Stacks: "open in Finder" shortcut?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Let's Sekuhara!, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Let's Sekuhara! macrumors 6502

Let's Sekuhara!

Is there a keyboard shortcut so that when you click on a Stack it immediately opens in Finder instead of fanning out?

(I browsed the keyboard shortcuts section of MacRumors but didn't see any such thing listed.)

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Command clicking will open the enclosing folder, or you can just click "Open in Finder" in the stack (right-clicking will put that right next to the Dock, so it's easier). Sorry, don't think there's a one-button shortcut.

jW

3. Let's Sekuhara! thread starter macrumors 6502

Let's Sekuhara!

Dang! I was afraid of that. Oh well, I'll just keep aliases of my stacks on my desktop then. Kind of redundant, but saves a click each time. I may eventually just lose the stacks from my dock entirely.

Thanks

4. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

I may be confused as to what you are looking for, but if you click and hold the stack's icon in the dock for a second an option will appear to "Open (stackname)" which immediately opens it in a standard finder window without it fanning out....

5. Let's Sekuhara! thread starter macrumors 6502

Let's Sekuhara!

No, that's not what I mean. That's the slow way to do it.

Here's the method I've more or less settled on: Cmd+click on a stack, then immediately hit "O" (while still holding Cmd). This is the fastest way, and it beats having to use aliases on your desktop.

6. rhyslewis13 macrumors newbie

cmd+option+click is probably the closest thing to what you've been looking for. This takes you directly inside the clicked folder in snow leopard.

7. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Interestingly, it opens a window without a sidebar, in...

Not in Leopard! Does the same thing as above ^

8. macbook2,1 macrumors newbie

:d

Yeah! Cmd+option+click is awesome!!!! I've been trying to figure out a way to do that since SL!!! Thanks!!! It's so much better than Stacks!!! I find them completely useless, but flashy. Opening the window provides so much more functionality!!

Now, if only there was a way to always open Stacks like this....