Stacks settings in Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gvk5904, Sep 20, 2009.

1. gvk5904 macrumors member

Hi,

I recently upgraded from Leopard to snow leopard.
    Could you please explain where i can make the below setting in Snow Leopard.

In Leopard Dock

For "Documents" n "Downloads folder -->Click and hold i will have a option to show files in "Documents" n "Downloads" -->

View Content-->as a Grid or Fan or List or Automatic:
    Display-->Folder or Stacks

In Snow leopard this option is missing,When i click and hold Downloads folder insted of giving me those options this is opening the folder

Please update me where in Snow Leopard i can make this settings

2. Mew2468 macrumors regular

Right-click.

3. gvk5904 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply

Mine is Macbook Pro ...there is no right click option in the trackpad as it is a gaint button

4. zachplaysguitar macrumors 6502

zachplaysguitar

Right click = secondary click. Use two fingers to click, I think it's on by default.

5. gvk5904 thread starter macrumors member

6. aa3544bd macrumors newbie

Snow leopard: stack

How does one change options when one is not able to see it? In the attached screen shot, "Fan" is not listed as an option under "View content as--Grid--List--Automatic." Anyone out there has the same problem? How has the option "Fan" gone?

aa3544bd

Attached Files:

7. mellowiz macrumors newbie

It depends on the position of your "dock" on the screen. If yours, as I suppose, is on the left the fan option won't be accessible.

Try restoring the dock's position to bottom and you should see the fan option again.

8. mrjeffMacPro macrumors newbie

problem with stacks

hey all,

i am using snow leopard on my mac book pro, new model 13". i am having an issue with stacks, i keep changing the default stack view from automatic to list, but somehow it keeps changing back to automatic. i dont know what to do. pls help