Stacks

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ghostchild, Nov 23, 2008.

1. ghostchild macrumors 6502

ghostchild

Does anyone know how to change the look of my stack folder?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Someone once posted a quick and dirty way, I personally am unsure if I like this way, but I've used it before.

Edit: I found this link just now.

3. mckyvlle macrumors 6502a

4. ghostchild thread starter macrumors 6502

ghostchild

5. sOwL macrumors 6502

sOwL

Thats just stupid. Why dont just put that icon on the folder thats being stacked, and then right click > Display as folder ????? It should do the same thing, but the propper way.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well you're free to use either method posted or GTFO. I mean, the choice is yours.
    :cool:

7. sOwL macrumors 6502

sOwL

firstly, sry if i sounded offensive but i rly dont think that phrases like "GTFO" are civilised. The reason we post here is because we try to help people. So instead of start flaming why dont u just accept that the solution you recommended is just useless and wrong because the OS iteself has an option to do the same think? And if ur really a female, its embarassing, i wouldnt expect such manners from a female

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Actually me using GTFO is more civilized than what I've said in the most recent past. ;)

You didn't offend me personally, you simply offered nothing by way of the post. I didn't say either method was solid or didn't lend to being stupid, but it was not only a solution, it was a solution that works. Again, I didn't say it was the most awesome solution. Now did I? Remarkably, while labeling my post stupid, you cited the same alternative method that I recommend (see the link in my original post). In theory my friend, you labeled my response stupid and then echoed the same method. ;)

As for the rest of your post, there's an ignore feature on these boards. I suggest you look into it if you truly find it necessary. :)

9. opava5 macrumors newbie

my response

I don't post around here very often, but for my two cents - your original response to "Jessica's" post was rude, demeaning and unwarranted. Maybe if you didn't come off as a jerk, people would not respond to you as one...

10. sOwL macrumors 6502

sOwL

anyway, i might have sounded rude sry for that. just to add something here so the OP doesnt gets confused. I didnt offer the same method that u recommended. I offered a method that does the same thing with ur method, but in the popper way. Anyway i didnt mean to be offensive, and u know, if u felt offended you could have said so instead of insulting me. And no, i wont ignore anyone posts just because of that

11. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Fair enough- just keep in mind that when you are typing something in a post (or texting someone) the verbal clues that you get when talking to them are lost- so it literally comes down to how you say it even more than what you say! ;)

Just for example, if we take your original post (which may be just fine when talking to someone directly):
    "Thats just stupid. Why dont just put that icon on the folder thats being stacked, and then right click > Display as folder ????? It should do the same thing, but the propper way."

and just make a couple of changes to it:
    "That is one way to do it that works, but I've found it's easier to just put the icon on the stack and then right click and change the "Display as:" to "Folder" rather than "Stack". It does the same thing, but is actually simpler."

Which version (at about the same length) do you think more people would rather read in trying to keep a friendly, helpful forum going? ;)

Not trying to slam you BTW- just wanted to illustrate to all how different words can get the point across in differerent ways.