Stag Night in London - Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Neutral Gamer, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Neutral Gamer macrumors 6502a

Neutral Gamer

I'm organising my mate's stag night and we're all gonna be meeting up in London for it this Saturday. I've been doing research and looking up various places but I don't live in London so I'm sure there's loads of potentially interesting places that I haven't even heard of.

Here are some ideas:
    • Themed, fun and unique restaurant
    • Some kind of bar on a floating or cruising boat
    • Strip joint
    • Jazz club / bar
    • Club playing RNB music
    • Bar at the top of a tall hotel / skyscraper
    • A couple of strippers coming to the hotel suite

I'd like some more suggestions or some actual places that would fit our needs well. The guy getting married told me he wants something "unique" and as it's the first time I've organised one, the pressure's on!

Cheers. :)

2. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

Night in a Strip Joint :eek: Thats it!
    It has too be, its a stag night, last night of freedom,
    and afterwards??? Take the party back to the hotel suite, strippers and loads of champagne & brandy ;)

Google the subject, there are some threads on Stag weekend and what to do,
    Londons a massive place with lots on offer, just remember to write your name and address on your clothes and yourself, that way whatever happens you will find your way home ;)

3. iGav macrumors G3

You may need to improvise. ;)

*See Below*

May I suggest the London Eye, a stripper, and vodka hidden in mineral water bottles.

In fact I'd argue that the London Eye is custom-designed for this very purpose, as it even includes a raised pedestal in the middle of each pod for the sole purpose of gentlemen's entertainment. ;)

And after such sophisticated pleasures, may I suggest Sir and party retire to the comparative slum of Shoreditch House. ;)

4. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Boy, that's going to be some 30 minutes… ;)

However, I thought all UK stag parties head off to Latvia these days… or Budapest on a "Boats and Baps package"… no? :D

5. weckart macrumors 68040

Or Dublin or Tallinn... Starting to run out of places to go where the welcome is not decidedly worn out.

You might want to save time and hold it down the local nick.

6. gavd macrumors 6502a

Can't offer any advice so all I'll say is good luck organising this in 3 days!

7. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

All I can say is can you let us know if you are planning the London Eye + Stripper... maybe I can try and be in the pod next to yours ;)

8. Neutral Gamer thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neutral Gamer

Ha, the London Eye + Stripper(s) + Alcohol idea sounds like a wicked proposition my friend; it's like everything you want in one, intense 30 minute session! :D

I think I'll start the night off that way. But do we really need to hide our alcohol in mineral water bottles? I'm sure I've seen people drinking champagne on the Eye before - would wine bottles and a hamper be allowed?

And what would a safe height be before the stripper(s) should start showing their wares?

I always like the idea of planning ahead! ;)

I always work better under pressure but if it all goes "tits up" (ahem), bars and strip joints will save the day ... !

9. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

The champagne you have seen is usually provided as part of a "London Eye package"…
    So… if you want your own alcohol you will have to hide it.
    :D

10. iGav macrumors G3

• It is your responsibility, indeed it is of the uttermost importance, that only you are aware of the plans beforehand. ;)

• This means that it is your responsibility to arrange reservation of a Pod in advance.

• This means that you, and only you are aware of the true contents of the bottles of water that you'll distribute to everyone on the Stag, shortly before boarding. ;)

• This means that you, and only you have previous knowledge of the true purpose of that sole, girl next door tourist type in your all male Pod of the Stag. ;)

Oh yes.

Remember, the London Eye revolves counterclockwise, so you'll be safe to enact your dastardly depraved plan by the time your Pod hits 4 O'Clock on the hypothetical Clock of the Stag.

By the time you reach 12 O'Clock (e.g. the very top and approximately 10 minutes later) on the hypothetical Clock of the Stag, you'll be hoping that the dome of St. Pauls and the Millenium Dome aren't the only ones on display. ;)

You'll then have approximately 10 minutes until the the pod will hit 8 O'Clock on the hypothetical Clock of the Stag, by which time ideally your female comrade shall be well on her way to being fully attired again, ready to enjoy that glass of wine that you'll have smuggled on board for her, for the final few minutes of the descent before your subsequent departure. ;)

It is of the uttermost importance that the Pod of the Stag is spotless when you depart, this is your responsibility... seriously, so that the London Eye operators do not take it in any other way other than the good natured one in which it was intended. ;)

Do this right, and you'll be a legend. Do it wrong, and you'll end up charged with numerous public order offenses and worse, you'll be a traitor to the Stag and shall be forever banished. ;)

11. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Do rememberr though all this will be captured on CCTV… ;)
    And do smile when they take your picture at 7:00 on the Stag clock.

Pictures or it didn't happen!

:D:D

12. Neutral Gamer thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neutral Gamer

Mate, you sound like you have way too much knowledge on this particular subject matter - you done this before right? :D

£430 for a private capsule - I think it'll be worth every penny if it goes right ...

Hold on a sec, are there CCTV's in every capsule? We're gonna be famous(!) Don't worry I'll be taking the photos and post them on here on Monday. I don't think I should say anymore about specific timings in case the Anti Terrorist Unit / gatecrashing teenagers / perverts are already monitoring this thread ... :eek:

13. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Just a word of warning on:
    - Strip joint
    Take time to find a decent guide on London, preferably getting a few Londoners local knowledge too. What you don't want to be doing drunkenly is going to a dodgy strip joint and finding yourself being frogmarched by bouncersized men to a cashpoint to pay for the ludicrously expensive drinks you ordered, but thought were on the house/free.

Have fun! (PS Google stag do London! You're sure to find photos, stories, ideas etc...

14. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Yes there are. :(

15. Neutral Gamer thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neutral Gamer

Don't worry mate, I've been doing my research on that front. I've found a couple of places that have a decent price AND where the staff are friendly along with good customer reviews. Personally, if it were up to me, we'd just spend the whole night in a strip joint. What more could one want? :cool: