Stainless Steel Ceramic Black?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by andyp350, Dec 18, 2015.

1. andyp350 macrumors 6502a

Someone I know locally is selling an Apple Watch for £250. The specs are:
    38mm Case
    316L Stainless Steel
    Sapphire Crystal Retina Display
    Ceramic Black

Sport Band:
    Black
    316L Stainless Steel Pin

I'm rather confused about this model as I can't seem to find it on Apple's website. The photos i've seen of it the watch looks silver around the edges so I don't understand what the Ceramic Black colour is?
    I also thought all the watches that came with Sports bands were the aluminium bodies with the ion-x glass?
    This watch definitely came boxed as described as the specs for both the band and the watch are on the box.
    Any advice would be most welcome.

2. andyp350 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Can a moderator please delete this thread. I've just realised it says ceramic back not ceramic black. It's been a long day at work today

3. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

Looks like the mods fixed your title

It's a great watch, 100% black, no silver anywhere on it. SS versions have always had the option of the Sport band except the Space black which only came on the link bracelet initially.

The Space black just released a few months ago on the sports band which lowered the price for it.

All Apple Watch Sport watches come with the Sports bands. Go to Apples website to go over the differences between the sport and SS, the quick rundown is sport has an aluminum case with glass similar to your iPhone. SS is steel cases with sapphire display.

4. andyp350 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the info. I don't think it is the space gray as the photos the person has uploaded definiately show a shiny silver watch with black sport band.
    I'm still undecided on whether to get it. It's a good saving but I had previously convinced myself it would be wise to wait for the second generation as I do tend to avoid first gen products as from my experience the second revision is usually vastly superior in terms of design quality.