Stainless steel skin?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by abc123, Oct 5, 2010.

1. abc123 macrumors 6502

I'm getting my iphone tomorrow (fingers crossed) so have started investigating case options. I want something very minimal and leaf cases came up in my search.

They appear to be an Australian company (which is great for me) and look really interesting. I'm a bit worried that there might be issues with a metal skin. Something about it seems like it might cause problems but I really don't know enough about anything to be sure.

Would it be safe?

2. daemonite macrumors member

That doesn't protect the sides or the front and has absolutely no drop protection.

It's a $30 stainless steel sticker for just to protect the back glass from scratches. Safe to use yes, since the stainless steel doesn't touch the antenna bands but protection wise this is not much better then a $3 clear screen protector applied to the backside.

3. abc123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes I realise it doesn't offer much more than scratch protection to the back of the device. I was looking at those vinyl stickers before hand so am not too worried. I take good care of my devices (have a 6 year old ipod that is still in perfect working order) but I do want scratch protection so want to cover the front/back.

I agree it is pretty expensive for only a back cover but it looks so cool! Glad to hear that it won't cause any problems. If I end up ordering one I'll post back about how it is.

4. hokka macrumors regular

Really?? Let me ask you what's more stronger or needs real protection: Glass or stainless steel antenna band?

5. nsbe1 macrumors member

6. hokka macrumors regular

I'm all for discussions, questions and constructive criticism (basically what forums are for), since this is a new product and with most of the posters here haven't seen it in person or have used one, how can I take these dismissive one-liners seriously? And why are you?

Do you work in PR? Maybe you can give me some tips. /s ;)

7. hatersgonnahate macrumors 6502a

x2 products look good. but stooping down to so called trolls and whiners is a big no no in business.

love the design and all. but $30 is a bit steep. call me cheap but i guess im not your target audience.

8. Turian.Spectre macrumors regular

Turian.Spectre

wow people are such cry babies on here. Are all Americans like that? If you don't want to buy it b/c you think its too expensive for your wallet then why even ask stupid questions?
    I'm with you about criticism Hokka. Just purchased Wave. Hope to see it soon. Once I get, I will post my pics on here with my white bumped case. Hope that combo will look good. =)

9. Reefbone macrumors regular

Yes... and we have a feeling of entitlement that's making us friends all over the word. Oh yea.. most of us are fat too. (present company excluded)

10. hatersgonnahate macrumors 6502a

lol at cry babies comment. :D

i sense a lot of hate towards americans here.

jealous much?:p

11. Turian.Spectre macrumors regular

Turian.Spectre

Jealous? I lived in the US for 9 years. End of this month I am leaving Forever! Sucks here.

12. hatersgonnahate macrumors 6502a

where did u live? Btw good riddance :D

13. Turian.Spectre macrumors regular

Turian.Spectre

I was in Denver, Charlotte NC, Tampa FL, Miami FL.

14. Turian.Spectre macrumors regular

Turian.Spectre

oh and "What are do you live?" nice grammar btw.

15. hokka macrumors regular

Thanks man, I'd love to see it too in a white bumper (us Aussies are not lucky to have white yet), I think it will look great, the matt/gloss silver colour of Leaf should match it nicely - I've seen photos of it with a white iPhone back (Thanks Chris):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stainless steel looks good with any colour, just think the iPod classic and Touch line.

16. hatersgonnahate macrumors 6502a

u knew what i meant. lol *fixed it for u.

lol at the cities you lived in. no wonder.:D

hokka. looks good.:cool: