Stainless Steel Version?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by geraldem, Oct 5, 2017.

1. geraldem macrumors regular

2. Kermit262 macrumors 6502

Kermit262

I walked into my Apple Store two days ago and picked up one they happened to have in stock. SB SS 42mm.

3. geraldem thread starter macrumors regular

Wow...really? Did it show in stock online before you went to store?

4. Sgt93 macrumors 6502a

Sgt93

Checked my local Best Buy a few days ago and saw one was in stock, bought online and picked up within the hour.

5. USC_Gamecock macrumors 6502

USC_Gamecock

They're out there, but they seem to be the rare ones. It's possible Apple isn't making as many because it may not be as popular?? I am still waiting on mine.

6. Kermit262 macrumors 6502

Kermit262

Yeah saw they had it on the Apple store app so reserved it and picked it up.

7. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I don't think it has anything to do with the stainless model being less popular. This is was the same thing last year with the Series 2 stainless, It was nearly impossible to find for the first three months. I think Apple tends to undermine or is conservative for stock numbers for products during launches. It has been this way other products throughout their productline for quite sometime.

8. geraldem thread starter macrumors regular

I agree, I think it is a supply issue. When I did find my Series 2 SS last year, there was literally 5 that came in that day. All sold within 5 minutes of arriving.