Stand By vs. Usage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cello2456, Jul 5, 2010.

1. cello2456 macrumors regular

My iphone 4 battery seems to be draining way too quickly. I just charged it up to 100%. Disconnected it and made sure that the following things were turned off: wifi, location services, notifications, mail. I double clicked the home button and closed all applications.

I am using 1% battery per hour.

Usage reads 2 hours 5 minutes.
    Stand By reads 2 hours 5 minutes.

Does this make sense? How can usage and stand by be the same when I have done nothing except hit the home button twice and looked at the battery strength?

Any ideas?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

1% battery per hour is nothing.

You must have something open. Double tap home and close everything. Also, do you have Push on?

You might want to reboot.

3. cello2456 thread starter macrumors regular

Push was not on. Rebooting is an idea. I don't think that I have actually turned the phone off yet since I have had it. Hmm. Have to try that - thanks.

OK I rebooted it and the battery meter went from 96% to 99% when it turned on! The other thing I found that even though I thought that I had all push notifications turned off, Facebook was still updating itself.

4. ZenoVT macrumors regular

1% an hour will give you 100 hours... that's amazing.

5. koopa35 macrumors 6502

that fact that your usage and stanby are the same. says something must be running. or a restart would help

6. kodek macrumors member

Are you using Loopt or any other program that's monitoring your connection? I had the same issue with it. Even though it's made to not waste one's battery really fast, it still did. If you ARE using one of these programs, keep in mind that force closing it won't do anything, as the OS will re-open the program when your location changes. You have to either disable location services for that app or disable the location monitoring from the program itself.

7. audiomixer macrumors member

How did yo set up your phone? Did you do from a backup? I did a complete restore and setup as a new phone. Going on 48 hours and still at 40%. What a difference a complete restore did for my battery life.