Stand count off after 1.0.1?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by fstevens, May 26, 2015.

1. fstevens macrumors newbie

Besides the heart rate measurement frequency issue, I'm also seeing an issue with the stand measurement. At this moment, my watch says I have a count of 17 out of 12 hours in the stand ring. But I've only been wearing my watch for 15 hours so far today . . . Yesterday was similar, more hours with a stand count than I'd worn the watch (or been awake, for that matter). Anyone else seeing this behavior?

2. sincere11105 macrumors 6502

Did you have it on at midnight? It starts at 12

3. fstevens thread starter macrumors newbie

At midnight last night (this morning), it was on the charger - I didn't have it on.

4. nicho macrumors 68020

did you scroll down from the stand ring/check the workout app on iphone and see which hours it says you were standing for?

if you put it on at 8:59, it's now 23:01... that's 14 hours (and two minutes) but spans 16.

I went to bed at 5 past midnight, got woken up by my wife to help put our daughter in the car at 5 to 7. It's only 1:15 and I already have 8 hours standing accrued - not incuding 1-2pm!

5. CellXor10 macrumors regular

I believe I remember seeing at least one, maybe two posts from the middle of last week just after the update with people claiming they thought they may be seeing issues with the "Stand" Activity Ring as well. I'll see if I can find any of them.

But so one I remember- and I do believe it was from after the update and having to do with Watch OS 1.0.1 rather than just a Watch OS general comment- stated that they noticed they had gotten credit for a couple of hours for "Standing" over the night when their Watch had been charging the entire time they slept.

With the VAST VAST VAST majority of complaints dealing with the "Stand" Activity Ring stemming from a poor name for it from Apple and consumers interpreting it too literally without reading its' definition/parameters/true meaning, I'm not 100% if I saw this diamond-in-the-rough-of-a-real-actual-potential-issue/bug being posted about prior to Watch OS 1.0.1 or not.

Hopefully I'll be able to do some digging (tomorrow at work) and get back to you

6. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Example of what may be happening.

Put :apple:Watch on at 6:55am and get credit for 6-7 since you stood for over 1 minute in that hour. So at 7:01AM you will have 2 hours Stand.

Take :apple:Watch of at 10:02PM and get credit for the 10-11 since you stood over 1 minute in that hour.

This would give you 17 hours Stand while wearing the :apple:Watch for only 15 hours and 7 minutes.