Stand for MacBook (Late '08)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by hldomster, Apr 11, 2009.

1. hldomster macrumors member

Hey,

I'm looking for a stand to put my MacBook on for when it's connected to an external display for aesthetic, ergonomic and functional purposes. Basically, I want the screen to be closer in height to the ACD so they're properly next to each other, and to keep it cool when using it with the lid shut.

So any suggestions. So far I've looked at the iLap which is nice, good for use on lap too, but it probably doesn't give a satisfactory increase in height when used with the ACD (and it's a bit expensive in UK). I've also looked at the Griffin elevator and the similar, although perhaps more trendy Griffin CURV.

So what do you make of these? Anyone got one? Are there any other products that I should consider?

Thanks.

2. California macrumors 68040

California

Funny, I figured out a great solution for my Aluminum MacBook.

I'd bought the 12" Aluminum Powerbook stand here a few years back.

Perforated aluminum, great little stand but sold the 12" Powerbook.

I turned it upside down and now it is a perfect stand for the 13" Aluminum MacBook and matches perfectly. The bumpers on the bottom of this stand now hold the Macbook in place and it actually works better for the macbook than it did for the 12" Powerbook. I need to thank r6girl again for the purchase:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=250220

3. I Am Steve Jobs macrumors member

Agreed, I got this and not only is it flush with your Macbook, it acts as a heat sink(sp) and keeps it real cool, my MBP hardly ever gets hot sitting on this thing.

Not to mention it looks sexy.

4. hldomster thread starter macrumors member

Actually, I think I will plump for the Griffin elevator. Not only is it the cheapest (about £17 from Amazon, mstand is about £45), but it is easily disassembled, which is handy for moving from place to place. The only cause for concern is how secure is it, as there is no lip like on the mstand to prevent the notebook falling off.

5. Trivial rock macrumors regular

Trivial rock

I have the elevator (purchased it for the same reasons) and have used it with a white MacBook and now my Unibody MBP. It is very secure because the top of the stand has heavy grade grey rubber that prevents any slipping etc, it is also nice and portable when it is collapsed (take it to uni and back home for holidays etc).

Its a good choice, enjoy!

6. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX