Stand for Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by gazfocus, Dec 22, 2008.

1. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

I am looking for a stand for my Macbook Pro (particularly looking for an aesthetically pleasing one).

On the Apple website there are 2 choices...the Griffin Elevator, the Rain Design mStand, and the Matias iFold.

In your opinion is there one of these that's any better than the others? Which one would you go for?

2. phatmansays macrumors newbie

Hi mate, Im also looking for one to clear up some desk space. I think that the Rain Design mStand looks the best. From a few reviews i read the Griffin Elevator doesnt provide much grip for your MBP (not what you want). No experience with them though so will be watching this thread!

3. klempwrsu macrumors member

klempwrsu

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Umm can you count? ;):D

Anyway, I would buy the mStand. Simple, aesthetically awesome, not that expensive. And it's aluminum (not sure about the others).

5. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

I vote for the MStand as well. It certainly looks much better with your MacBook, and the aluminum body makes it much sturdier than the other ones.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Are you only looking for a stand that allows you to sit the notebook on it's base? If not, I love my power support USA vertical stand.

7. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Mstand for the win, aluminum is awesome looks exactly like the apple cinema displays stand with your mbp on top of it making it look like its own little cinema display and perfect height too.

8. azdude macrumors 6502

Here's another vote for the mStand... It's great! I keep an external hard drive stored in the space underneath.

Photos below are with the mStand as a part of two of my recent setups. The latest (on the left, with 30" and Mac Pro) has since been updated with a Belkin Flip KVM switch. It's simply the best setup I could ever hope for.

Attached Files:

9. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant