Stand Hours

usskywatch

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 7, 2016
I have a series 4 and everyday the watch stops counting stand hours. It could stop at 2/12 or 4/12 hours. If I reboot the watch or disable/re-enable wrist detection, the watch will start counting again for a while then stops again.

Anyone experience this? Hardware issue or software? Curious on thoughts. Should I get the watch replaced? It’s less than a week old.

Thanks!

waw74

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2008
you could try unpairing and repairing the watch, it does make a backup so you won't loose any settings.
it just takes a bit of time.

this tends to clear things up a lot of the time when weird things happen

Reactions: usskywatch

usskywatch

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 7, 2016
you could try unpairing and repairing the watch, it does make a backup so you won't loose any settings.
it just takes a bit of time.

this tends to clear things up a lot of the time when weird things happen
Thanks. I did try that and same thing happened again today. Apple support had no other ideas.

oeagleo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2016
West Jordan, Utah
I would have apple replace the watch, I think it might be the gyroscope, or whatever the thing is that tells it that it's moving or not. Sounds like an intermittent problem with it's function.

Reactions: usskywatch

usskywatch

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 7, 2016
Thank you. It’s definitely intermittent and frustrating. Wasn’t sure if a software issue and whether I should wait it out or not. I’ve tried everything I can think of.