Stand made with modified business card holder

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by eTip, Apr 17, 2010.

1. eTip macrumors 6502

I took one of the wire mesh business card holders that others have been using as an iPad stand, attached it to some black poster board with double stick tape (for added stability) and then covered it in vinyl from a laptop skin.

I am not that fond of the pattern on the vinyl & it looked ok (perhaps better) without it but it does provide some padding and was only $1 on clearance at Office Depot. The stand is very stable in both portrait and landscape - much more so than the plate holders I have tried.

(Sorry about the quality of the pix - crappy camera+crappy photographer=crappy pix)

Attached Files:

2. eTip thread starter macrumors 6502

I didn't like the pattern on the vinyl, so I covered it with some soft foam rubber (Michaels, .99 a sheet) and slapped an Apple sticker on there....

This has become my stand of choice since it's easier to place/remove the iPad, and it's lighter & more stable (in landscape or portrait) than others I have made/modified. I modded an old iPod dock for the iPad, but I like being able to switch from portrait to landscape and back so so don't use it much. I also slightly modded one of the plate holders with the acrylic base - from JoAnns - by adding rubber feet to the bottom so that there is room to plug the charging cable in the bottom. But I still keep going back to the modded business card holder. When I do need to charge it while in the stand, I just put it in the stand upside down so the cable plugs in at the top.

Attached Files: