Stand reminder doesn't seem to work right

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by co1f, Oct 11, 2017.

1. co1f macrumors regular

I'll get Stand reminders for the hour at :50, but I know I've done my standing for that hour already.

Anyone else notice that. Seems like a bug.

Another annoying first world problem!

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

How do you know you have already completed your stand hour? In over 2.5 years of having an Apple Watch, it has never once been wrong.

3. co1f thread starter macrumors regular

Because I had already been standing/walking around for that hour. It's possible I've remembered incorrectly, which is why I'm posting to see if others have noticed the same.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

About a year ago I got a stand reminder while jogging.:(

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

There are dozens of times that I walk around but it doesn't count as a stand hour because it wasn't long enough of a time frame. It typically requires a solid minute of walking non-stop. If you do 30 seconds now and 30 seconds 20 minutes later, that doesn't satisfy the requirement.

6. bodonnell202 macrumors 65816

bodonnell202

Happens to me all the time, I will have just been moving around doing stuff for a while (i.e. more than a minute) and have just sat down and I'll get a stand reminder at :50. Other times I'll be driving in a vehicle for 3 hours and I will get credit for standing. I think their algorithms need some work...

7. jakerichva Suspended

The "stand" trigger is that the watch is vertical. (Stand up, put your arms at your side. That's the orientation that to the watch is "standing.") So, if you are holding something while standing and the watch isn't in that orientation, it won't count the time. Ditto for running, if you hold your arms up as most of us do. The "good" news is you can also trigger a standing credit by simply putting your arm down into that position for a while. I occasionally get stand warnings while driving, in which case I'll just drop that arm to the side and wait for about 40 seconds until I get the alert that I've "stood" long enough.

8. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

Check the watch orientation in settings.
    Is it correct?
    One day I was standing for 3 minutes to get that last 12th hour and it didn't give it to me.
    the Next day I checked the orientation and I realized I was fooling around with the setting and left it in the wrong setting.

9. Zxxv macrumors 68040

So. Did you stop running and just stand?

/j
    --- Post Merged, Oct 11, 2017 ---
    Danger. Accident alert. Both hands on wheel at all times.

Well it is in the UK.

10. co1f thread starter macrumors regular

Nice idea, but not in my case.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 11, 2017 ---
    This reminds me of my kids when the Wii first came out. At first they’d work up a sweat jumping around playing tennis, then after awhile they figured out they could do the same by just whipping their wrists around.

There’re so many more sensors in the watch, you’d think Apple could catch the fakers. :)

11. newtestleper macrumors 6502

“Remembered incorrectly.” Welcome to the forum, Brian!