stand to raise cinema display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by objc, May 12, 2009.

1. objc macrumors regular

I have 20" I think cinema display here at work and my neck and shoulders are not doing too well because the display is too low. Are there any good stands I can get to raise it? Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

3. Freewayjim macrumors regular

Freewayjim

4. ray648 macrumors regular

You could get the VESA mount adapter kit from apple, this would allow you to replace the stand with a height adjustable one.

5. nanofrog macrumors G4

6. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

it all depends on how high you need to go. Macnessity makes some really cool aluminum stands that you can slide your keyboard under it when not in use or even a laptop.

I'm thinking over getting one for my MBP, but I'm still determining if I want to use it open as a second monitor. :)

Check them out...very cool.

[​IMG]

7. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I agree, no need to buy a stand just shove a book under it.. hehe

8. Gordy macrumors 6502a

9. objc thread starter macrumors regular

That won't work because this is the older plastic one with 3 feet, not the newer aluminum model.

10. awmazz macrumors 65816

Three books.

There's no VESA mounting option for the ACD Displays so the only way to raise it higher is to raise whatever it is on. Most of the stands available retail are for displays with a single central stand so you'll be hard pressed finding anything suitable for the full width of your display's legs.

11. Gordy macrumors 6502a

In which case you're best bet is to get a shelf and some cupboard feet from somewhere like ikea. That will allow you to put the acd on a higher setting.

12. peepboon macrumors 6502

peepboon

Dude, I have also been looking for ages, all i find are the ones with clamps. I am just looking for a cheap replacement stand which is a stand and not a clamp :( ... would use a clamp if it werent for the desk I have... :(