Stand

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Tycoonguy, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Tycoonguy macrumors regular

Does anyone use that stand that came with there touch?

It looks really weak from what I can tell form photos online.

tyc:apple::apple:nguy

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I've used it a couple of times. Works fine.

3. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

It is not weak at all...it is perhaps the best thing that apple could have put in the box (besides the iTouch itself).

My biggest problem with the 5g Video pod was I got tired of holding the stupid thing for 2 hours through a movie. Now when I am on a plane, pull out my cheapie plastic stand, place my touch in there, and away I go.

4. iShak macrumors 6502

2 hour movie on 5G?

5. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

LOL...yep. Of course I had to charge it right before the wheels lifted off ;)

6. DeXtA macrumors member

I was hoping for a stand like the iPhone to come with the touch :( I bought a universal dock and it works great!

The plastic stand is fine, I have used it on a number of occasions and it does the job!

7. noshooz macrumors member

noshooz

I use mine when sync'ing and charging on my iMac.

8. iskhj000 macrumors member

No stand

I just realized from you post that I didn't get a stand in my box. It was only a plastic adaptor. How big is the stand?

9. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Tiny. About an inch long, clear plastic.

You can see a bit of it in this pic.

10. NRG macrumors newbie

Thank you for your post!

I got so excited when I got my iPod Touch that I took it out of the box, grabbed the USB cable and cloth and never looked back. I totally forgot that it came with a stand. Now it has a proud place on my desk in its stand with a slide show of daughter playing on it. Digital Frame another use for the Touch.

11. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

I love that little thing. I kinda wish the Apple store had more by the registers as an impulse buy.

I'd grab 5-10 if they were cheap enough because I KNOW I'm going to lose this thing.

12. iskhj000 macrumors member

Now I know what it looks like :(

I had that and had no idea what it was for. I was on the phone for over 30 minutes with Apple becaues they couldn't decide if I should of had one or not. They finally decided I should and already have it in the mail. I wish they would have asked me what it looked like and I could have saved them the trouble.

Oh well.

13. Star56 macrumors member

This is going to sound a bit psycho-geeky...but I built an articulating arm that I can attach the Touch to. I used a magnifying glass thingy on closeout at Meirs. It has an extension arm that simply slides into a hole clamped to a shelf or flat surface.

I rigged a soft box that I can slip the Touch onto and then swing the arm (Picture the light above a dentist chair) at any position in front of my face. I can put it just inches away or feet. I can recline in my lazy boy, swing the touch about a foot away from my face, and relax and watch a movie with no strain. These were on closeout for $6 so I bought two. I have a little attachment in place next to all my recliners in the home. The arm itself is removable and I can just pop it in to the attachment next to whatever chair I am sitting in.

Yeah...its cool even though my wife laughed like a maniac when she saw my rig.

14. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Any pics?