Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srikat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
I like the keyboard in 2018 MBP and prefer it to the chiclet styled one in 2015 rMBP.

Is there any external keyboard with similar low-travel keys with butterfly or similar mechanism?

I currently use Apple's Magic keyboard and am looking for a replacement that will let me type faster. I tried a few mechanical keyboards but the height of the keys is not comfortable for me.

Reactions: canhaz

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
I like the keyboard in 2018 MBP and prefer it to the chiclet styled one in 2015 rMBP.

Is there any external keyboard with similar low-travel keys with butterfly or similar mechanism?

I currently use Apple's Magic keyboard and am looking for a replacement that will let me type faster. I tried a few mechanical keyboards but the height of the keys is not comfortable for me.

are you saying that the travel distance of the keys on Apple's Magic Keyboard is too much for you?

srikat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
are you saying that the travel distance of the keys on Apple's Magic Keyboard is too much for you?

No. They are ok. But I prefer even lesser key travel as those in the latest MBP.

Anyway, I looked around and there doesn't seem to be one.

I'll either continue to use the Magic keyboard or get Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop (not that keys are any better but for the ergonomic benefits)

Reactions: jpn

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
i like the Apple Magic Keyboard, as well.
its portable enough that i when i know i need to do a lot of email work i take it with me (along with my iPhone) not an iPad or other device.
i like the travel of the keys of the Magic Keyboard, and i find it much easier to type on than the recent MacBook and MacBook Pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.