standard dock is shipped via Fedex

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sloth1791, Apr 2, 2010.

1. sloth1791 macrumors newbie

sloth1791

I just get tracking number from Apple. :):)

I'll get standard dock on 7 April.

2. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Funny that they chose different shipping providers.. But anyways, I thought you'd be getting this on launch day? I was under the assumption that this was one of the accessories that'd be available immediately. When did you order?

3. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Not really funny since I believe they use fedex for their normal shipping contract.

It appears they bid out the contract specifically for the initial shipment of iPad deliveries. With Saturday delivery and cost factors involved, they went with the best proposal.

I would not be surprised if feature iPad deliveries did not get done by Fedex.

4. sloth1791 thread starter macrumors newbie

sloth1791

I pre-ordered 32gb iPad, standard dock and case on 22 Mar.

5. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Yes, they do use Fedex for their primary (especially after UPS gave Leopard to people days early by accident), but why not use UPS for initial release of the accessories as well? Assuming they're available near launch day, where I'm quite puzzled as to why sloth1791 pre-ordered in March, yet won't receive his item until the 7th of April; four days after launch, seeing as though it is said to ship within "1-3 business days" according to Apple's site.