Standby battery drain

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ultra AleM, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Ultra AleM macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

Hello guys. Is it normal my iPhone 5 went down from 86% to 62% in 14 hours of standby (no usage)? It was on Wi-Fi with 3G on. Thanks.

- no app background refresh
    - mails on manual or push

2. gmintz09 macrumors member

I wouldn't think so. Have you checked to see if it's part of the defective units? With the exception of my defective iPhone 5 I had, standby drain is minimal on the other iPhones I've had.

3. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

My 6+ drains overnight in airplane mode. I charge it fully on an evening and take it off the charger at bedtime. Come the morning, whilst the battery meter shows 99% and therefore apparent minimal drain, it then falls to 90% when I'm using it much quicker than it would have if it had just come off the charger at 100%. So the '1%' overnight drain is actually much more. Straight off the charger at 100% I can usually get 1:50 of usage time to 90%, but switching off airplane mode on a morning with my battery showing 99% it will then drop to 90% with approx one hour of usage time. I don't think that a phone left in airplane mode for 8 hours should use such a lot of battery power.

4. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

I haven't had any issues with standby drain on my 6, I have mail set to fetch hourly, background refresh is off. I tested my iPhone 6 awhile back, I have pretty bad LTE in my house, about -115 to -100 with field test mode enabled. I let my phone sit overnight connected to LTE with WiFi off to get the maximum "Low Signal" drain and my phone was at 100% when I left it, and in the morning it was still at 100% I believe.

I don't get many notifications, usually 3-4 max over the course of a night, so yeah. If your phones are blowing up with notifications that would explain it. Otherwise, try a hard reset, try a reset all settings, and if all else fails, set the phone up as new.