Standby Battery Life Seems...Decent

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hakr100, Oct 30, 2011.

1. hakr100 macrumors 6502a

4S charged up last night, sat in standby all night, battery was at 98% when I got up this morning:

[​IMG]

I'm not sure what the 16 minutes of usage was for...

Since I mostly use my cell as a phone, and not an itty-bitty computer, I've shut down a number of options and accessories I only use when I want to use them. For example, a lot of places I go to have open Wi Fi, so unless I need the Network on for a reason of my choosing, I leave it off, just as I did with my previous Android phone. I found Siri really annoying, so I shut her down, too. I do check email and such on occasion when I am away from Wi Fi and when I do, I flick the Network on while I check and respond to emails, and then I shut Network back down.

Anyway, this is my experience...your mileage, I am sure, will vary.

2. ftlum macrumors regular

same as me

My mileage was pretty much the same. I dropped a couple % overnight in standby with unexplained usage minutes listed. I thought they were coming from iCloud syncing wtih documents, as the other day it showed 45 min of unexplained usage when I was at work. It dropped to 16 after I turned off sync with via cellular if wifi not available. Still testing my theory, though. I had better standby the night before.

3. hakr100 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I turned off iCloud syncing. I have an eight terabyte backup server to which I back up my iMac every night, and a separate one terabyte hard drive on which I run a weekly time machine backup. I haven't figured out why I'd want to backup/sync to iCloud. I have some iTunes music on my 4S, but only a small portion of my iTunes library, which is all I want on it.