Standby Battery

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by browerjs, Mar 29, 2011.

1. browerjs macrumors member

This morning my iPad 2 battery was at 47% or so, I closed the smart cover, putting the iPad to sleep. When I got home 9 hours later the battery was at 37%.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to fully shut down running apps (double tap home key)?

Any help would be appreciated, it just seems that I shouldn't lose 10% when it's not in use and the smart cover is shut.

2. cbronfman macrumors 6502

Why not plug it in when you go out? It should go to sleep after whatever interval you've set (settings) so apps shouldn't affect it - unless you've set it to never sleep. When I leave for a few hours, I plug mine in - When I return, it's at 100%.

3. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori

Apps that receive notifications will be working in the background while your ipad is sleeping, so if you were, for example, receiving lots of email that could make a difference.

Also, as the iPad is new it may take a while for the battery to reach its full capacity.

4. browerjs thread starter macrumors member

I have all notifications turned off. I do think I've only charged it up to 100% once in the week i've had it. Maybe that's all it is.