Standby button broken-dissasembled phone and found bad wire?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by flyingninjas, Jan 27, 2011.

1. flyingninjas macrumors member

I am not sure if this is a bad wire or not. If it is a bad wire would fixing the standby button just be as simple as buying a new wire and installing it? It looks like the gold color of the wire just stops for a 1/4 inch and then continues.

here is a photo.

http://i56.tinypic.com/zv6akn.jpg

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I honestly can't see the problem due to the poor resolution/lighting of that picture.

3. flyingninjas thread starter macrumors member

4. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

I take stuff apart, but I haven't a clue as your photo is so poor. ifixit.com has various clear photos and disassembly guides - you can look there to see if your phone matches the photos in their guides.

re your photo, you need to use a camera with a macro function. On a cheap point and shoot it's typically labelled with the icon of a flower.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=how+to+use+macro+setting

• Press macro, or set dial to macro,
    • try to avoid zooming in,
    • put the camera on something, preferably a small tripod,
    • turn flash off,
    • make sure you have a light on what you are photographing, maybe a small table light

5. flyingninjas thread starter macrumors member

I know how to use macro. I think it is the wire that is bad.:)

6. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

then why ask?? your photo is very bad and we cannot see the problem. so therefore we cannot help you. just fyi that is called the headphone jack cable. if you know know what you are doing you will never be able to fix it yourself.

7. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

More likely the ribbon is fractured right by the plastic bracket holding the sleep/wake membrane switch. Seen it a lot.