standby time same as usage time on 11.3

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by hollowplayer, Apr 4, 2018.

1. hollowplayer macrumors regular

anyone noticed that both standby and usage timing are the same? My phone and my friends 11.3 both have same results.

2. NoBoMac macrumors 68000

Hmmm. Not same, but basically so (1:03 & 1:04).

I don't obsess about standby time, so, have not had the need to scroll down there: that's a new one for me.

3. zorinlynx macrumors 603

zorinlynx

Nope. iPhone 7 Plus.

Usage, 3h9m, Standby 13h32m, which sounds right since I charged last night.

You might want to check if any apps have large background execution times in the list of apps above the usage and standby times.

4. mlody macrumors 6502a

I have seen this bug on previous versions of iOS including the one right before 11.3 - 11.2.6

5. EM2013 macrumors 68000

EM2013

6. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68020

BugeyeSTI

You might want to try to restart your phone and charge it to 100% again..

7. NoBoMac macrumors 68000

Appears to not be a bug, just poorly named field, imo. EM2013 screen grab kinda leads to it.

Per an old Apple discussion link and support note (since changed to new/different text), Standby is just how long the phone has not been on a charger.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2620391

Quick glance at numbers this morning point to this. Pulled the phone from the charger when I got out of bed, both at zero. Started a download of a podcast and got dressed for a workout. Standby was a couple minutes longer than Usage number. Workout while listening to podcasts and using GPS app for tracking. Got in shower, checked afterwards, gap grew a little bit more.

Add in that depending on how many apps you have that are doing background updates, weak cell signal causing phone to ping harder, notifications, phone listening for "Hey Siri", and so on, many people's phones may never really be idle. Add in possibly frequently putting device on charger, never really get to see long-term use numbers.

Guess a really good way to test if a bug is to charge the phone to 100% before going to bed and just put it aside. See what the numbers are when you wake, see if the Standby number has a big gap vs. Usage.

8. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

That’s an app process on background draining your battery.

9. melancholy macrumors 6502

melancholy

Yes. Only with my iPad however. It drains by 50% throughout the day, and does not drain more when using it.