Standby time = usage time

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Ultra AleM, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Ultra AleM macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

Hello! Ios 8 brought this bug to me. How do I fix it? Thanks

2. chhhrrriiisss macrumors 6502a

I just came here for the same exact thing. My Standby and Usage time are the exact same.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Something is using your phone all the time basically. Are you restoring from iCloud or something like that?

You can close all apps and restart and see if that helps. If not you can try resetting various settings, like location services, network services, and perhaps all settings completely. Restoring would be one of the last resorts beyond that.

4. MrGuder macrumors 68020

They should never be the same, if they are something is wrong. Turn your power button off (not a shut down) wait 5 mins, then use your phone again, the times will not be the same.

5. tongefactor40 macrumors regular

noticed this on my 6+, usage will equal standby, but only when wifi is connected. When I use normal cellular data, it will show standby correctly.

Makes me think it has something to do with iCloud? What else "goes active" once wifi is turned on?

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Are you restoring from iCloud perhaps?

7. tongefactor40 macrumors regular

I tried to initially but it failed so I did a restore from my laptop using the backup from my iphone 5s.

8. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

Simply put, if your standby time is equal to your usage time, that means your display is not going to sleep. Check your auto-lock settings in the settings menu to ensure it's NOT set to "never" (set it to anything else other than "never"), and make sure you put your screen to sleep when you're not using it.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

That can be a reason but can easily be (and often is more likely to be) something running or stuck in the background even with the display off.

10. tongefactor40 macrumors regular

Looks like it might be the I loud photo library beta that is causing the issue.