Standby/Usage Times/ Battery

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by scholls22, Jun 2, 2015.

1. scholls22 macrumors member

Last week I got my watch and last Wednesday was my first full day with the watch. I left with the phone and watch at 100% at 0545. At 1000, I was at 48% and went to Apple. Both my phone and watch were losing battery percentage rapidly and seemed to be mirroring each other. I took it to Apple and they couldn't figure it out. They wanted to send it off for testing. On Thursday, I contacted Apple Support and explained the issue to them. Since I had Apple Care +, a replacement was sent out to me on Friday ( Apparently, there is a stockpile of watches, to those of you still waiting for watches. I noticed that my standby and usage times were exactly the same, which shouldn't be.

That same day, I figured out a solution by turning off all notifications of third party apps.After I swapped it out, the times spread out and battery life increased dramatically.

Then the new watch came yesterday. I had all the same settings, however, I am back to the standby/usage times being the same..

Anyone else having similar issues and has a fix for it??

2. Brett1203 macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

I'm still after a full day always over 50%, I received mine on launch day

3. danieltiges macrumors newbie

Yeah, can't say I've had that experience. Although mine isn't as old as @Brett1203 s Watch, i've had fantastic battery life. I'm charging every second day and averaging 5 - 7 hours of actual "Use" in that period. I'm not conscious of the battery at all I just use it exactly as I intend to. Settings brightness on medium, highest haptic with prominent on, notifications for email, txts, twitter. I'm very happy. Model is 42mm SG BSB

4. scholls22 thread starter macrumors member

5. danieltiges macrumors newbie

Well right now I have 45% remaining, at 10:54am 3/6 with it having being charged overnight on the 1/6. This period my usage is quite low Standby 1 day 2 hours. Usage 3 hours and 35 mins. However over the weekend just gone I charged it Friday night and didnt charge it again until sunday night and my usage was around 7 hours. I am really happy with it anyway

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I'm getting about 1.5 days of usage out of mine before I have to charge it (25%).