Standby/Usage Times/ Battery

scholls22

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
Last week I got my watch and last Wednesday was my first full day with the watch. I left with the phone and watch at 100% at 0545. At 1000, I was at 48% and went to Apple. Both my phone and watch were losing battery percentage rapidly and seemed to be mirroring each other. I took it to Apple and they couldn't figure it out. They wanted to send it off for testing. On Thursday, I contacted Apple Support and explained the issue to them. Since I had Apple Care +, a replacement was sent out to me on Friday ( Apparently, there is a stockpile of watches, to those of you still waiting for watches. I noticed that my standby and usage times were exactly the same, which shouldn't be.

That same day, I figured out a solution by turning off all notifications of third party apps.After I swapped it out, the times spread out and battery life increased dramatically.

Then the new watch came yesterday. I had all the same settings, however, I am back to the standby/usage times being the same..

Anyone else having similar issues and has a fix for it??

danieltiges

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2015
Yeah, can't say I've had that experience. Although mine isn't as old as @Brett1203 s Watch, i've had fantastic battery life. I'm charging every second day and averaging 5 - 7 hours of actual "Use" in that period. I'm not conscious of the battery at all I just use it exactly as I intend to. Settings brightness on medium, highest haptic with prominent on, notifications for email, txts, twitter. I'm very happy. Model is 42mm SG BSB

Reactions: LS3 POWER
Comment

danieltiges

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2015
What does your standby/usage time show?
Well right now I have 45% remaining, at 10:54am 3/6 with it having being charged overnight on the 1/6. This period my usage is quite low Standby 1 day 2 hours. Usage 3 hours and 35 mins. However over the weekend just gone I charged it Friday night and didnt charge it again until sunday night and my usage was around 7 hours. I am really happy with it anyway

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.