Stands for 15" rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by colinreid, Jun 2, 2013.

1. colinreid macrumors member

colinreid

Looking into getting a stand for the MBP. Could you guys link me to some stands that you use or recommend? Thanks guys.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

3. colinreid thread starter macrumors member

colinreid

I can see why, looks pretty good. Would go well with the iMac i guess. Might purchase this.

4. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Book arc works for us. We never use native screen or keyboard when at home.

5. colinreid thread starter macrumors member

colinreid

Second thought, maybe not. Shipping Is quite expensive..

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Buy it from amazon if you want it.

7. colinreid thread starter macrumors member

colinreid

Awesome

8. colinreid thread starter macrumors member

colinreid

9. JonasCalhoun macrumors member

I have a Rain Mstand for my 15" rMBP. I like it a lot, able to get my laptop in the perfect viewing height that I don't need an external monitor anymore.

The only complaint I have is the hole for cable management is a little awkward. The ports on the laptop are far enough away that there really isn't anything to be gained by using it. Pretty minor complaint though.

Dan

10. Azekecse macrumors newbie

I have the rain stand and I utilize the stand for the 15" MacBook retina display and the Thunderbolt Display. It provides dual screen capabilities in its current configuration which works well for me.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

11. wmage macrumors member

That's kinda waste considering Retina display.

12. colinreid thread starter macrumors member

colinreid

Sounds good. I'll only have the power supply cable running through the hole and for the most part I don't have the charger cable plugged In so It's all good.

13. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Retina display is very nice in the field for initial culling of photos. But back home we have a 27" ATD that give us the huge real-estate needed for editing photos. No laptop display tops a good calibrated 27" display for precise editing work.

Also the rMBP gives us a SSD for large fast storage without a spinnng disk to fail. For us the rMBP is the perfect laptop for field photography trips. We just don't need the internal screen or keyboard when we are back home.

14. theluggage macrumors 68040

I use the Griffin Elevator. Simple, elegant, good airflow and also portable (it comes apart into 2 L-pieces and an acrylic bar).

Incidentally - there's a couple of negative reviews on that site that say that laptops slide off*. All I can say is that I've got 2 myself, half-a-dozen colleagues use them with everything from an Air to a 17" MBP. I've never experienced the 'sliding off' issue or felt the need to attach the two plastic clips supplied to prevent that. Not that I'd want to use any stand of this kind on a wobbly desk or where there was a serious chance of tripping over a lead.

* Assuming these people aren't hallucinating or trolling I suspect that there may be some environmental conditions, such as bright sunlight or over-zealous air conditioning, that leeches the plasticising agents out of whatever the "rubber" cushions are made of. This could also explain the people who go through Magsafes and iPod cables.

15. colinreid, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013

colinreid thread starter macrumors member

colinreid