Stands - I need some Buying Tips from the 3

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hopefulmacuser, Jul 17, 2009.

1. hopefulmacuser macrumors member

Hello! Just looking for some opinions. I kind of want some sort of pad/stand for my macbook pro.

I looked into

Logitech Alto Stand
    Rain iLap
    and RoadTools Laptop CoolPad (Podium and travelers and regular o_o)

I like all three but I don't know which I should get. I'm particularly interested in just these three-don't hold back other suggestions if you feel it's worthy haha.

Basically I just want something that will lift my macbook a little to help with cooling even if its not that helpful as well as ergonomics. I'll probably hear some book suggestions but meh :( I guess I wanna spend money XD

Of the three which seems the best buy. I will be using the keys on the laptop just cause I'm used to it and dont wanna try external keyboard. So one that is sturdy for it would be mighty awesome.

Thanks,

2. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

3. DFTU101 macrumors member

4. liquidtrend macrumors 6502

liquidtrend

i have the logitech alto. i love the angle it provides as well as the usb hub it houses. plus the extra little usb media slot in front is helpful as well.

only downfall, since my mbp is a prior generation, the cd tray is held hostage since it needs to eject in the front where the alta stand grips the laptop.

[​IMG]

5. valya macrumors newbie

Attached Files:

• 123.jpg
      123.jpg
      File size:
      39.1 KB
      Views:
    • 1234.jpg
      1234.jpg
      File size:
      24.4 KB
      Views:
  6. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

That seems to be "coming soon" according to their own US online store. I like but if it's more than the Rain Design mStand, heck no.