Stanza and iOS 6

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by kas23, Sep 17, 2012.

1. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

With Stanza never being updated ever again, does anyone know if Stanza is still fully functional on iOS 6 GM?

2. kas23 thread starter macrumors 603

kas23

Anyone? Can we put Mapocalypse aside for a moment....

3. CrankinJland macrumors newbie

(New iPad iOS6) Stanza seems to be working as well as it was on iOS5.
    :)

4. sehlat macrumors newbie

iOS6 Breaks Stanza

I upgraded a spare recent-model iTouch with iOS6 after installing Stanza and preloading it with some books. Any attempt to change the display settings after the upgrade locked the program solidly. I had to power down the unit and restart to get response back.

As I told a very nice lady at the Berkeley Apple Store, "I'm due for a cell phone upgrade in a month, and if Stanza doesn't run under iOS6, I'm switching to Aldiko on Android. I'll probably go to Samsung, since Apple's lawsuit told the world that Samsung does the same things for half the price, which is why the Big A sued them in the first place."

5. CrankinJland macrumors newbie

No problems yet with Stanza on my iPad running iOS6 .
    Maybe I'm just lucky!
    :)

6. JaneGeorge macrumors newbie

I get the same issue with my iPhone 4. Freezes in control screen and crashes, needing re-boot. Currently investigating downgrade... Cannot live without stanza

7. Heb 7:4 macrumors regular

Anyone know how it is on 4S?

Most important app on my phone, by a long, long way

8. tak437 macrumors newbie

Same here, if I even touch settings it crashes my 5. Such a shame that my favorite app is no more. Here's hoping someone steps up and creates a reader as good as Stanza. It would be nice if Amazon released the code...

9. el Gallinazo macrumors newbie

Hmmm

One must wonder why Amazon chose to buy Stanza. I am sure that, like the Godfather, they made them an offer they couldn't refuse. As an independent company they would have sorted out the problem in the developer phase before iOS 6 was even released. I can only believe that it was to remove a far superior competitor against their crappy Kindle software. I read Kindle on my iPod gen 4 when when I need a new book still in copyright, so I have experience almost everyday just how superior Stanza is.

The release of iOS 5 broke Stanza but it appeared to be a simple patch and they fixed it. But they probably won't fix iOS 6. But as the old saying goes, "Trick me once..." and I am still on iOS 5 on both my touch and my iPad. If only I could remove that annoying red dot with the 1 in the center on the setting icon without downloading the stupid thing! Every upgrade is a downgrade. I am no longer stupid or gullible enough to use "the cloud." Now if I could only upgrade my new MacBook Pro to Snow Leopard.