iPad Pro Staples Cancelled My Apple Pencil Order

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by teerexx52, Nov 25, 2015.

1. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

I ordered the Apple Pencil from Staples on 11/14. I received to emails moving the shipping date back to 12/3. Finally today i received an email cancelling the order. They say when it came time to process my order they were "our of stock". Poor business practice at best and something to keep on file for the future. Anyone else have it cancelled?

2. CyFi macrumors newbie

CyFi

Agreed... they did the exact same with me, but I ordered mine yesterday. I can't believe they cancelled yours dating back to 11/14. That's not right!

3. teerexx52 thread starter macrumors 68000

teerexx52

I got on chat with them. No apology no nothing. Just the way it is explanation.

4. conan-kun macrumors regular

I ordered 11/14 as well and mine was cancelled too. I won't order from them again.

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

6. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

Mine too - I ordered the keyboard as well, and so far that hasn't been cancelled. Also didn't get an apology, etc. Customer service is a dying artform.

7. Macalway macrumors 68000

Staples blows badly, apparently.

Should be a sticky

8. teerexx52 thread starter macrumors 68000

teerexx52

Agreed!

9. Rm.237 macrumors 6502

Same thing happened to me. I called them and had them cancel the entire order. They complied and sent me an email for verification purposes.

10. hogprint macrumors regular

hogprint

Staples also cancelled my Pencil order but still are "processing" my keyboard order. Frankly I expected them to fail so I'm not surprised.

11. Xprmntr macrumors member

Xprmntr

Just got the same email for my keyboard, good thing I also ordered from BB

12. mgipe macrumors demi-god

mgipe

Not only did they blow us off, but the message was so vague it is hard to be sure the order was really cancelled.
    Dear Valued Staples Customer ,

We’re very sorry, but item 1944861 Apple Pencil for iPad Pro was no longer in stock when we were processing your Staples order number xxxxxxxxx.

We value every order we receive and apologize with the utmost sincerity for any inconvenience this may have caused. We have not billed you for this item.

If you have any questions regarding your order or if we can help you find another product that suits your needs, please contact us . You can choose to email us or chat with a live

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Wow, that totally sucks. I would never buy from them again.

14. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

Pretty sure they also cancelled my keyboard order because now when I check my order status it shows a $0.00 total. Wow, **** Staples. I'll never use them again.

15. conan-kun macrumors regular

Mine is also cancelled. I am just speechless. I don't understand why they can't at least put our orders on backorder.

16. sdyoyo macrumors member

They cancelled my pencil and keyboard today as well. I used a $5 rewards for the keyboard, of course theres no mention of that, just a sorry no longer available yada, yada, yada...

17. Rob198612 macrumors 6502

Ugh I hate staples they don't care about customer service they just a bunch of money hungry morons!

18. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

They cancelled my Pencil and Keyboard as well. After they were delayed two weeks from the initial ship date. Luckily I found them both in stores, so I was going to cancel the order anyway. Screw Staples though.

19. goomba478 macrumors regular

Same thing here. I'm really glad I didn't cancel my Apple order but seriously it's a jerky move on Staples' part. I really wish Apple would get the stock moving quicker. It. can't possibly cost much to make and the demand is surely there. I guess they know we'll almost all buy them eventually :p.

20. hogprint macrumors regular

hogprint

They just cancelled my keyboard order as well. Staples is complete garbage.