Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

teerexx52

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 1, 2005
Florida West Coast
I ordered the Apple Pencil from Staples on 11/14. I received to emails moving the shipping date back to 12/3. Finally today i received an email cancelling the order. They say when it came time to process my order they were "our of stock". Poor business practice at best and something to keep on file for the future. Anyone else have it cancelled?

CyFi

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2015
Agreed... they did the exact same with me, but I ordered mine yesterday. I can't believe they cancelled yours dating back to 11/14. That's not right!

Reactions: teerexx52

OrlandoTragic

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2007
Orlando, FL
Mine too - I ordered the keyboard as well, and so far that hasn't been cancelled. Also didn't get an apology, etc. Customer service is a dying artform.

Rm.237

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2008
Somewhere
Mine too - I ordered the keyboard as well, and so far that hasn't been cancelled. Also didn't get an apology, etc. Customer service is a dying artform.

Same thing happened to me. I called them and had them cancel the entire order. They complied and sent me an email for verification purposes.

hogprint

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2006
Wisconsin
Staples also cancelled my Pencil order but still are "processing" my keyboard order. Frankly I expected them to fail so I'm not surprised.

mgipe

macrumors demi-god
Oct 6, 2009
CA
Not only did they blow us off, but the message was so vague it is hard to be sure the order was really cancelled.
Dear Valued Staples Customer ,

We’re very sorry, but item 1944861 Apple Pencil for iPad Pro was no longer in stock when we were processing your Staples order number xxxxxxxxx.

We value every order we receive and apologize with the utmost sincerity for any inconvenience this may have caused. We have not billed you for this item.

If you have any questions regarding your order or if we can help you find another product that suits your needs, please contact us . You can choose to email us or chat with a live

Reactions: teerexx52

sdyoyo

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2006
They cancelled my pencil and keyboard today as well. I used a $5 rewards for the keyboard, of course theres no mention of that, just a sorry no longer available yada, yada, yada...

Rob198612

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
Miami
I ordered the Apple Pencil from Staples on 11/14. I received to emails moving the shipping date back to 12/3. Finally today i received an email cancelling the order. They say when it came time to process my order they were "our of stock". Poor business practice at best and something to keep on file for the future. Anyone else have it cancelled?

Ugh I hate staples they don't care about customer service they just a bunch of money hungry morons!

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
They cancelled my Pencil and Keyboard as well. After they were delayed two weeks from the initial ship date. Luckily I found them both in stores, so I was going to cancel the order anyway. Screw Staples though.

goomba478

macrumors regular
May 10, 2012
Same thing here. I'm really glad I didn't cancel my Apple order but seriously it's a jerky move on Staples' part. I really wish Apple would get the stock moving quicker. It. can't possibly cost much to make and the demand is surely there. I guess they know we'll almost all buy them eventually :p.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.