Staples MacBook Pro Special Orders?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by b.tuszkiewicz, Sep 18, 2012.

1. b.tuszkiewicz macrumors member

Has anyone ever purchased a MacBook at Staples? I have $175 in gift cards, and will probably end up putting it towards a MacBook.

Does anyone know if I go in and ask for a Special Spec MacBook for order if they'll be able to get it in for me from Apple?

Thanks

2. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Staples does not sell MacBooks. They are not an authorized reseller, so no they wont be able to order it.

3. b.tuszkiewicz thread starter macrumors member

That's actually incorrect. Here in Canada you can order them from staples.ca. And some of the Staples' do carry them in store as well.

4. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

I have, I work at staples and yes we are an authorized reseller. Only about 1/4 of the Canadian stores have the macs in store, im not sure about the American stores though. The macs are the same ones you would get in an apple store and any special orders come directly from apple California. Hope this helps!

5. mohsy90, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012

mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

My bad, I was referring to U.S Staples stores. I wasn't aware that Staples carried Apple products in Canada. If thats the case, you would still likely need to order through Apple for any custom configuration.

6. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

We can do the custom configuration orders in store, they get shipped to us from apple California. I just received my retina 2.6/16/256 that I ordered in store and it came in from California

7. b.tuszkiewicz, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012

b.tuszkiewicz thread starter macrumors member

8. b.tuszkiewicz thread starter macrumors member

Good to know. I'm hoping the 13" RMP gets released in October and I'll definitely be coming in to do a special order.

9. vpro macrumors 65816

vpro

interesting even apple stores in canada do not let you order online and custom through the store

i thought staples was just a 'dell' peddler hmmm

10. b.tuszkiewicz thread starter macrumors member

With Staples doing so and having the customer come into the store to pick up their custom laptop I'm guessing they're hoping they can also convince you to buy accessories for your new MacBook (Cases, Laptops, Cables etc)

I'm sure they could have it shipped right to your home but they'd miss out on potential sales on those extra items

11. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

We don't sell Dell :D

Theres always the extra's that are worth selling, but even still the custom order is done in store and shipped to store, it has to be paid for in advance and we order it in. Wether or not the customer buys accessories its still top line sales.

12. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Why not just use that gift card toward AppleCare... And get your Macbook from apple? If you are a student you can get a $100 gift card. This you can use for software, music, etc. Save the gift card for stuff from staples like ink or printer?

13. b.tuszkiewicz thread starter macrumors member

My girlfriend actually works at staples. Employees get %10 off on laptops and can finance them with a %25 deposit with the remaining amount left to be paid over 26 biweekly payments without interest as long as you're employed at staples. Or something along those lines

14. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

sweet.

What specs do you want to upgrade? Me personally I would just go with the high end Macbook Pro stock. Then down the road upgrade the hard drive and ram if you can.

15. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

That's where it usually helps if the OP mentions his location.

16. b.tuszkiewicz thread starter macrumors member

I'm actually holding off another month and waiting to see if a 13" MacBook Pro Retina Model is released. And I'll do my upgrades from there