Star Trek on TV

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TEG, Feb 14, 2008.

1. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Has anyone noticed that in the last couple of weeks, all syndicated versions of Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine have disappeared from US Television. Anyone care to speculate on these series getting a treatment simialr to The Original Series for future HD presentation?

TEG

2. Pittsax macrumors 6502

Pittsax

I wouldn't mind seeing an HD version of the shows, especially DS9. I wouldn't think they'd go back and redo the effects like they did with the original show though.

Just don't tempt me to re-buy my DS9 DVDs!

3. iAthena macrumors regular

This may be the case because I've only seen the most recent series played on the SciFi channel.

4. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

They've redone some of the TOS episodes already. The ones you can get from iTunes have redone effects and the planets look more realistic.

5. DarkHeraldMage macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

I might get a little too happy if they do an HD version of Voyager (thus far not mentioned in this thread for some reason!).

I've always been peeved that ALL the ST shows are the most expensive of any TV show you can buy. They have trekkies by the...stuff. :p

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

You can still catch episodes of Voyager on Spike TV during the weekdays.

7. DarkHeraldMage macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

I work and go to school full-time, so daytime television might as well be non-existent for me. I'm still questioning why I'm even paying for cable at this point. lol But I have Voyager on DVD for when I get an undeniable urge to watch Seven of Nine strut around. :cool:

8. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Ah yes. One of the main reasons to watch Voyager. Jeri Ryan is pregnant now. Link. I don't think it was Chakote. :D