Star Wars Collectibles

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by imhereareyou, Mar 16, 2016.

1. imhereareyou, Mar 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2016

imhereareyou macrumors regular

imhereareyou

So I am curious what Star Wars Collectibles you own if any? I just saw one for $15,000!?!?!
    I love Star Wars but ummm not that much. lol

2. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Well, each to their own. But, to be honest, this is not really one of mine. Good luck with it.

3. imhereareyou thread starter macrumors regular

imhereareyou

huh?? lol
    Good luck with what? I was just curious if anyone had a star wars collection and what it consisted of. But thank you for checking in.

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I thought you were a collector, or an aspiring one. That is why I wished you luck.

But Star Wars is not one of my obsessions. I missed the original series and never developed that passionate interest in it that some have.

5. imhereareyou thread starter macrumors regular

imhereareyou

Ahhhhh ok, sorry. I understand now, I am still asleep. Thank you!

6. Apple fanboy, Mar 16, 2016

Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Well as an owner of the original Star Wars toys I can tell you that R2D2 is not from the 1970's.
    I sold all mine as a teenager and probably spent it all on cheap larger.

7. imhereareyou thread starter macrumors regular

imhereareyou

That was one from the 90's it is rare because of the round pegs.

8. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I have a rather large collection of figures and toys. Mainly from the 90's and some from the 70's and 80's. Way to much to list though. Close to 300 or so figures all carded and somewhere in the neighborhood of 50-100 vehicles. This is all off the top of my head as I have never sat down and actually counted them. That is on my bucket list. I was able to pick up close to 75 figures for well under cost as a buddy of mine was unloading his figures. I have long since stopped collecting though. It was getting to big and there are to many items now.

9. Snoopy4, Mar 16, 2016

Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

I have a box of about 50 figures from the original films unopened and mint from Kenner. Values range from a $400 Chewie to a $3500 Jawa. It's crazy what this stuff is worth these days. My dad had a crazy idea and bought two of each of these $2.50 figures when he would pick one up. He gave me one and put one away and shocked me with all of them when we had our kid. She's all in on Star Wars. Same age I was when the original came out. Didn't have a ton of stuff and got rid of some stuff that was opened years ago. Had a Landspeeder, Tie Fighter and X-Wing.

At Christmas my mom rolled out an unopened Millenium Falcon. I thought it was like a prank gift because of the new movie. I had bought one with my allowance years ago and my little brother thought it would be great to make it fly and broke it. She went out and got a new one for Christmas and forgot where she hid it six months prior and couldn't find it (at my grandparents - genius). By the time she found it I had spent Christmas money on a new one. Dad told her about the figures so she figured keep it and see what happens or give it to my younger brothers at some point. I think it's was like $25 or something. So now I have an unopened Millenium Falcon from the original film as well.

Not bad for about a $160 investment.

--- Post Merged, Mar 16, 2016 ---
    Need some incentive...Carded figures from the original era have an average value of about $300. Some will be a couple grand, or if you have the same Jawa I do...Vehicles can be $50-60 a pop or like my Falcon around $500...

10. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

As a kid I remember hunting for a Jawa for months. He was rare. I had all the figures at some point or other. But they were toys to be opened and played with.
    I had a cardboard Death Star as well. That was cool. I bet there aren't too many of those left.

11. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Yeah, I have more than what I listed. I had close to a 90 figures in one of the medium boxes, did a quick guesstament and yeah, it is around... I stopped counting lol. :eek: This doesn't count the large boxes and the figure boxes (boxes that the figures actually shipped in). I was buying the entire box of figures!

Again, I haven't collected in a few years. Maybe the occasional special edition figure if I like it. One of my favorite vehicles that I have is the original AT-AT in box. Box is a little tore up, but the toy is perfect. I even have the sticker sheet. I also have two additional AT-AT's that were released during the last phase of Star Wars merchandising. It was getting out of control. I had to stop so I did. I only have a few figures on card from the 80's. Most of the stuff I have is the orange through just a few years ago carded. I have a couple of boxes of just stormtroopers. Each box holds 36 figures and I have four to five boxes of just them. I do have the long light sabor vader figure and luke on orange card. Not worth much, but. I also have one of the big headed han solo figures from way back when lol.

I am just holding the stuff. I am actually looking to offload it just so I can have the space back! LOL

12. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

The toy being sold is from the 1990's. I HAD a few original SW toys. It would be worth a mint had I not opened them up and played with them when I was younger. If I had know what they would be worth today, I still would brought a second to keep in the original package.;)

I do not regret playing with my original Hans Solo, Chewy, R2, 3PO and Boba Fett action figures. Memories > $$$ for me.:cool: Besides, I ain't hurt for dough no mo'.

13. imhereareyou thread starter macrumors regular

imhereareyou

So do you display them or are they in storage?

14. imhereareyou thread starter macrumors regular

imhereareyou

Wow!! that is an impressive collection it sounds like, and it sounds like my parents did the same for me.

15. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Storage for the most part. I really don't have the room to display them. I wish I did!

16. imhereareyou thread starter macrumors regular

imhereareyou

Yeah, I know what you mean. My wife doesn't care for the small collection I have...lol

17. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Now I do have a good chunk of some of my other collectibles on display, statues, larger toys, signed/graded comic books, and graphic novels. But I have no where near the room for my Star Wars collection.

18. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

My wife is the one with the collection in our family. She has always loved Star Wars and has some toys boxed up in our attic. Some are from the 80's and a few pieces are from Episodes I-III.

19. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

+ $6.99 shipping :D

20. imhereareyou thread starter macrumors regular

imhereareyou

Couldn't even offer free shipping, they lost my sale... lol